Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Rob R

Harvest

Tommorrow, BBC2, 8pm

Quote:
Harvest, a new series for BBC Two, hosted by Gregg Wallace and Philippa Forrester, will reveal the secrets behind the culmination of our crop-growing season, and shed light on British farming and its contribution to our food.
sgt.colon

Ohhhh that sounds good. Thanks for the heads up. Smile
robkb

I'm quite looking forward to this. Especially Gregg - "Reaping just DOESN'T get ANY harder THAN THIS!!"
sgt.colon

Laughing Laughing
Rob R

My only disappointment with it is lack of coverage of the grass harvest Sad
Barefoot Andrew

If everyone's grass was as long as yours was, perhaps they feared losing the presenters Wink
A.
Rob R

Maybe that's what happened when they did make a fourth episode...
sgt.colon

Well be prepared for a surprise one day Rob.
Rob R

Laughing
Rob R

Well, I enjoyed the first one; veggies.
robkb

Stuff the veggies, that combine harvester steered by GPS was the absolute dog's doodahs Laughing
sgt.colon

Not watched any yet, been too busy. Hopefully soon though.
Rob R

Stuff the veggies, that combine harvester steered by GPS was the absolute dog's doodahs Laughing

That's nothing; our tractor was built in the 70's and it steers itself!
sgt.colon

But only until it needs to turn a corner?
derbyshiredowser

Nievely I was rather suprised with the amount of spraying on the potatoes ie once a fortnight unless it gets bad when its done once a week. I suppose its the price you pay for perfect potatoes in the shop. VM

Yes I liked the combine harvester. Found last night's interesting but haven't watched the first one yet. Did think the presenters struggled when being told how really difficult things were for farmers financially - kept reverting to cheery upbeat remarks, 'well done, Tom!' and so on.

But generally think it's v good to have something like this on.
Rob R

I suppose its the price you pay for perfect potatoes in the shop.

Or for having potatoes in the supermarket at all, as far as blight goes.
Rob R

But only until it needs to turn a corner?

No, it does that without instruction, too.
sgt.colon

Well that is very impressive Rob. Rob R

It doesn't necessarily go the way you want it to, mind... sgt.colon

Laughing Laughing Laughing Rob R

If you think that's clever, you may like this which automatically weighs, records and sorts the animals in response to their electronic eartags. It can also be fitted with an auto-marking system with a different spray mark colour for different weights, sexes, etc.
Rob R

Overall the grain one was good, just a little annoyed by the "all it needs is sunlight, and water" several times, and then later it suddenly needed chemicals and diesel, too. Rob R

And again, very interesting on the subject of fruit - good to see some reasoning on the value of profit and the need for imported labour. sgt.colon

Watched the first two and enjoyed them both.

Yeah I'd noticed that on the grain one as well Rob. Laughing Ahhhh the joys of TV.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home