Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
wildfoodie

having a laugh...

http://www.wildmeat.co.uk/
check out the squirrel priices
Shocked
dpack

i recon a fair price unless one gets ones own ,splendid meat ,with roots could feed many ,or a nice meaty bbq for 1
wildfoodie

I stand corrected then.
personally I wouldn't pay 4.50 for something the size of a couple of chicken drumsticks but each to his own eh?
dpack

browned and used as a stock cube many would get a meaty dinner from one
the loin and rear legs make an ace kebab ,the dog can have the front and the skins make good mobile phone cosies
dpack

a log and some nuts or a gun reduces the cost as do roads and falls ,
the mutt is in training Laughing
RichardW

And I feed mine to the cat......
Hots

Cheap compared to the woodcock.

We must have around a hundred quids worth of meat running around our front garden.
(Large with a couple of enormous horse chesnut trees).
dpack

mangle ,dangle ,tangle ,strangle

however one starts the recipie squizzers taste nice
matt_hooks

Damn, that means I've chucked about 100 worth of meat into the hedge for foxie! I've tried feeding them to the dog, he won't touch them. I'd eat them myself, but they're b#####s to skin!

4.50 each? Reckon I could get that from the butcher? That's more than a pair of bunnies goes for! :O
dpack

cut in half ,shake ,peel ,paws and head

sorted
dpack

odd doggie Shocked
Pea

And I feed mine to the cat......

Thats exactly what we do with them.
RichardW

The dog wont touch them, or the other 4 cats.

But the one that likes them comes & tells me when the trap has gone off with one in it.
dpack

stew old ones ,bbq young uns

dont overdo the flavorings as they taste great
Pilsbury

thats nothing, my butcher at work want to charge me 8.57 for a dressed rabbit, you country folk have no idea what us city folk have to pay if we want the smallest bit of game......
Nick

Yeah, but you lot have water, electricity, broadband, Olympic stadia, public transport, cash machines and shops that don't shut on Wednesday afternoon.
Pilsbury

Yeah, but you lot have water, electricity, broadband, Olympic stadia, public transport, cash machines and shops that don't shut on Wednesday afternoon.

true, bit i just want some bunny stew with a side of BBQ squirrel Wink
dpack

and many grey squizzers Wink Bodger

Any article is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Working on the principle that there's one born every minute, thats mugs rather than grey squiggles, I say more power to anyones elbow if they can get get that sort of money for tree rats. cab

So come on then, some of you lot with squiggles to take pot shots at, there's a market there. Can you shoot 'em and ship 'em out for less than that? dpack

tube traps are effective

the time in admin is the issue
matt_hooks

Pilsbury, that's ridiculous! The game dealer pays about 2 a brace for bunnies round here!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home