Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
hermie10

Hello from a long time lurker...

...who has finally got around to registering! Smile

I love all the crafty things that you make and although I am not up to making much myself, I am looking forward to even just admiring your work from inside the forum rather than sitting on the outside! Very Happy
sean

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Chickem

Hi from Devon
hello2
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France Very Happy
gardening-girl

Hello from Somerset!
hermie10

Thank you for the welcomes Smile I should have said I live in Shetland although I freely admit that although Fair Isle knitting is one Shetland's most famous skills , it definitely has passed me by and infact, any knitting is only done under severe duress! However, I am hoping to improve on my craftmaking skills by joining here and maybe get on with some gardening too - only once the weather improves though as I am very much a fairweather gardener! Smile
gil

Hi there, and welcome (from the other end of Scotland).
Mary-Jane

Croeso from west Wales Very Happy
Went

Hello and welcome from Asturias... Smile
12Bore

Hello, welcome aboard! hello2
Nicky cigreen

welcome Smile
frewen

hello hello2
Barefoot Andrew

Welcome hermie10 Very Happy
A.
windyridge

Welcome from the east coast Very Happy
Cobnut

Hello from the Welsh Marches Very Happy
Liz in Ireland

Dia duit hello2
AnnaD

Hi there from Edinburgh!
chez

Welcome! wave
Jo S

Another welcome from Somerset wave
Spruengli

Hello from darkest Surrey Very Happy
mihto

Hi there, and welcome (from the other end of Scotland).

Hi there (from the other end of the ocean).
hermie10

Thanks again for all the friendly welcomes - we seem to come from all the airts as we would say here! wave
And mihto, Shetland is actually closer to Norway than to the rest of the UK mainland Smile
mihto

I know Laughing On a clear day, when we trek into the mountains, we have the feeling we can almost see you. You are just below the horizon Wink
Bebo

Welcome.

I visited Shetland about 20 years ago. Do you have more than one set of traffic lights yet? And is the Thule Tavern still down by the harbour in Lerwick?
hermie10

I know Laughing On a clear day, when we trek into the mountains, we have the feeling we can almost see you. You are just below the horizon Wink

- I will have to give you a wave the next fine day we have! Smile

Bebo wrote:
Welcome.
I visited Shetland about 20 years ago. Do you have more than one set of traffic lights yet? And is the Thule Tavern still down by the harbour in Lerwick?

We have a few more sets of traffic lights nowadays Bebo, not very many admittedly but we do have lots more roundabouts Smile And yes the Thule is still there - I haven't been in since I was a teenager though which wasn't yesterday! Very Happy
gythagirl

Another Somerset greeting! You must have a pretty short growing season where you are! hermie10

Thanks gythagirl - sorry but I forgot to come back here the other day to reply Smile I suppose the growing season here is shorter in some ways but then we do have the long hours of daylight when it's hardly dark in midsummer and also, while we don't really have the high summer temps, we don't really get the long hard frosts in winter either thanks to the Gulf Stream and the fact that nowhere in Shetland is further than 3miles from the sea Smile gz

Croeso from South East Wales Smile

I'm afraid the furthest North I've been is Inverness on the East and the Shetland ferry on the West (which we just missed Mad )

Haven't we got another ds-er on Shetland? Very Happy
hermie10

Hello gz Smile Well I have to confess that the furthest South that I've ever been is to Jedburgh down in the Borders Smile
The ferry on the west might have been the one to the Western Isles and not to Northern Isles. And don't think I've seen the other Shetlander around on here but it would be funny if they turned out to be a neighbour of mine! Very Happy
Pel

Hello, from west-wales.. I've only been to the isle of skye which isnt very far north compared to you. Cqueenie lives in shetland.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home