Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Sam White

Hello from Caerphilly

Hey folks,

M'name is Sam and I live at the northern end of Caerphilly county on my parents' 18 acre smallholding. We've been here nearly 3 years and have planted about 8 acres of woodland, we're in the process of converting a 1 acre field to veg beds and orchard, and have 5 chooks. The main aim is to increase self-sufficiency in food and firewood.

We spend as much of our free time as possible on the land (everyone is working or studying full time) and an extensive list of things to do is a permanent fixture on the fridge... We enjoy every minute.

Eventually I'll be moving out once I've saved enough money up; my intention is to find some flatter land on which to establish a market garden or similar (got plenty of time to make up my mind as money is somewhat scarce!).

Anyway, nice to meet you all Very Happy
sean

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France Very Happy
Nell Merionwen

Hello *waves* I used to live near you. Cool
mousjoos

Welcome, you are entering Downsizer, please drive Caerphilly.......
sally_in_wales

welcome from just over the mountain (I'm in Mountain Ash) understand the flat garden envy well Laughing
mochyn

Croeso, Sam. We're near Welshpool.

Edited to make Nick look silly.
Nick

Coeso, Sam. We're near Welshpool.

Get you, and your Portuguese.
sgt.colon

Hello and welcome. Smile
Boarstall Girl

Hi from another newbie - I know Caerphilly well as my ex mother in law lived there, but I wont hold it against you! Very Happy
Spider

Hiya from the Rhondda valleys hello2
Nicky Colour it green

welcome from sunny Devon
12Bore

Hi Sam, welcome in to DS Very Happy
MornieG

Hi Sam good to meet you and welcome to DS.

Mo.XX
Sherbs

Hi Sam, I understand that flat garden thing too, I used to live in Mountain Ash and worked in Caerphilly for over 10 years so I know the area well. Welcome to Downsizer.
BrewerRobJ

Hello from Cirencester Gloucestershire Very Happy
gz

Hi Sam and welcome, I used to live in Cwmcarn, the other end of Caerffili county!!
I know what you mean about wanting flat ground! Very Happy
gardening-girl

Hello from Somerset.
I am lucky,my allotment is dead flat! Laughing Laughing
Sam White

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! Nice to see that there are quite a few relatively local DSers Smile It's also good to see that I'm not the only one that suffers from flat land envy!
Mistress Rose

We don't have flat land, but at least ours is manageable. Welcome.
Tudful Tamworths

Hello Sam. I'm on top of Bedwas mountain if you need any advice. Good luck.
cassandra

flat land ............ hmmmmmmmmm yes, I see your point. Welcome from Tasmania!! Very Happy
Sam White

Hello Sam. I'm on top of Bedwas mountain if you need any advice. Good luck.

Cheers TT, the offer is appreciated! Smile
DorsetScott

Greetings Tudful Tamworths

Best email me, Sam (tudfultamworths@hotmail.com), as I don't think I'll be visiting here very often. Or ring me on 07846 449023. Went

Hello and welcome Sam - all the way from very mountainous Asturias.. Very Happy Sam White

Best email me, Sam (tudfultamworths@hotmail.com), as I don't think I'll be visiting here very often. Or ring me on 07846 449023.

Ok, cheers Smile

Thanks everyone for the continuing welcomes.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home