Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
overtherainbow

Hello from Cardigan Bay

Hello, I've been a member of downsizer for a while but only just getting round to taking part... moved to west Wales from Bristol 9 years ago, my partner move here 18 months ago. Together we run a vegetarian guest house 'Over the Rainbow'.

We grow some herbs/ salads/ fruit/veg, and thinking about keeping bees. We're interested in renewable energy, had solar thermal system fitted about six years ago, just had a solar PV system fitted (and yes I obsessively check my meter every evening! Thinking about switching from oil to biomass for heating, so interested to read today the new DECC announcement on the RHI, in the meantime, rely on woodburners as much as possible. Luckily we have woodland and a friendly neighbour with a chainsaw and a hydraulic axe (a seriously mean piece of kit).

Anyway, looking forward to reading your posts more often and posting the odd reply or two. Marie.
Rusticwood

Hello from sunny Devon hello2
TTouch Homestead

Hello from very close by indeed! Very Happy
Mary-Jane

Hi from down the road Marie hello2

I know Marie very well (as does Katieowl) - she's very local to us. Over the Rainbow is lovely! We also work at the same uni and we're in a car-share together. Nice to see you on here at last m'dear Very Happy
Nell Merionwen

Hello Marie hello2
gil

Hi there and welcome to DS ! I think we met at M-J's.
Mary-Jane

Hi there and welcome to DS ! I think we met at M-J's.

Oh yes, you did - I'd quite forgotten about that.
vegplot

Any friend of M-J's is a friend of M-J's.

Welcome to the village.
Mary-Jane

Any friend of M-J's is a friend of M-J's.

Rolling Eyes
overtherainbow

well..... I wasn't expecting so many friendly replies! Yes, Gil we did meet at M-J's a while a go. Nicky cigreen

welcome Smile Katieowl

hello2 Hi Marie!

Kate
dpack

hello

our bark is on trees and our bite is in the sauces
three ravens

hello from gary and helen bibbster

Welcome in from me too Laughing gz

croeso from South East Wales Smile

It's getting thick on the ground over there Laughing
Pel

Welcome from a bit futher up the coast Very Happy faerienono

Hello from me too Smile which uni do you guys work at? mochyn

Hello from further up and further in. Croeso! Mary-Jane

...which uni do you guys work at?

Aberystwyth
faerienono

I saw your pink sign I think the other day, driving to Tresaith.....I waved a hello in your general direction Smile Ginkotree

Hi from down here in here in Wales Laughing overtherainbow

I saw your pink sign I think the other day, driving to Tresaith.....I waved a hello in your general direction Smile
Hi, yes that's us!
Nature'sgrafter

hello from (well drive through Scotland take two ferries) Sanday (orkney north isles )
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home