Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
audreydurrant

Hello from Cornwall

Hi everyone / anyone
I've more or less stumbled on this site to-day and have spent most of the day going through topics and forums whan I should have been working, have found it very absorbing so decided to join.
I live in one of the most beautiful county's in the UK - Cornwall, although I'm not Cornish, originally from the northern shores of North London, Harrow.
For my sins I'm a spinner and weaver, but in a previous life I've been a professional dog trainer, running six dog training centres at one point.
Before moving to Cornwall, I owned a smallholding with my husband where we bred rare breed sheep, pigs, had normal chickens, 4 goats and bees. With the sheep came the natural evolution into spinning and dyeing nad then headlong into weaving.
We now run some rare breed poultry - Buff Orpingtons, traditional breeds - Light Sussex & Welsummers and then crosses, some Alyesbury ducks and a Canuaga duck and drake, keeping this lot in order is my faithful Border Collie Taffy and then running general riot are his sons Pippin and Smeagol
I'm looking forward to being part of the site and getting to know you all
Audrey
sean

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Jamanda

Hello there, from over the border hello2
toggle

what the lady has failed to mention is that she is an astoundingly talented weaver and spinner and runs the local guild here.

see you later this month.

Laughing
alison

Welcome to the madhouse! Very Happy
Rusticwood

Hi from Devon ( The most beautiful county Wink Laughing ) hello2
Tavascarow

Re: Hello from Cornwall

I live in one of the most beautiful county's in the UK - Cornwall,

It is the most beautiful.
Welcome from over here.
Smile
Hi from Devon ( The most beautiful county Wink Laughing ) hello2
Outside!!!
Wink
gz

Croeso from over the Severn Sea Cool Very Happy audreydurrant

Thank you for the welcomes
Intrigued, Toggle, I can only think of one maybe two ladies from Guild that would be members on here, or perchance your not a lady?
Jamanda

Intrigued, Toggle, I can only think of one maybe two ladies from Guild that would be members on here, or perchance your not a lady?

Laughing Sorry Toggle, I reckon she's about as much of a lady as I am.
Nick

I was going to suggest a poll. audreydurrant

can you tell me if Toggle keeps goats? Jamanda

Don't think she does. She a very good spinner, dyer and knitter though. Lorrainelovesplants

Yes, greetings from Wadebridge. Rusticwood

Re: Hello from Cornwall

Hi from Devon ( The most beautiful county Wink Laughing ) hello2 Outside!!!
Wink

violent1 bootyshake Laughing Laughing
toggle

I don't tend to be much of a lady. not if i can help it.

Laughing
toggle

Don't think she does. She a very good spinner, dyer and knitter though.

that's a matter of opinion. audrey thinks a lot of the sort of stuff i spin is utter crap.
audreydurrant

Hi to Lorraine?
I see you keep Buff Orpingtons, which is obviously a Rare Breed line of poultry, I'm involved with the RBST local group, don't suppose you've ever thought of joining us. We have a huge marquee at the Royal Cornwall show and it's always nice to have new members on board
audreydurrant

So I know who you are Toggle, wouldn't go so far as to say its
' crap ', just not my cup of tea, too traditional, more so as I get older
Went

Hello Audrey - welcome from Asturias... Smile Kenworth

Hello from South West Michigan. toggle

So I know who you are Toggle, wouldn't go so far as to say its
' crap ', just not my cup of tea, too traditional, more so as I get older

Very Happy
Liz in Ireland

Dia duit hello2 but I lived in Cornwall for my teens...mind thats a long time ago now Rolling Eyes troyannick

'Dobro dushlo' welcome to a very interesting site Green Rosie

Bonjour from France Very Happy T.G

Hello there from the Peaks Smile 12Bore

Hello, and welcome Smile Lorrainelovesplants

Hi Audrey - Yes, I keep a number of Orpingtons and do show at RCS. Im not a member of the Rare breeds as Im really poor........
(hoping to remedy this soon)...how would the Rare breeds benefit me?
Lorrainelovesplants

Hi Audrey - Yes, I keep a number of Orpingtons and do show at RCS. Im not a member of the Rare breeds as Im really poor........
(hoping to remedy this soon)...how would the Rare breeds benefit me?
Nicky Colour it green

hello and welcome Smile

we also have sheep. which got us interested in dyeing and spinning and have just started on weaving.....
SandraR

hello2 Welcome from South Devon Ginkotree

welcome from Wales..which I have to say is Stunningly Beautiful...lived in Cornwall through my teens as well, also a long time ago..Happy memories...
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home