Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Inghinn

Hello from Scotland

Hi there,

I joined this forum years ago but never actually got around to posting much, or indeed do any downsizing!

Anyway I thought I'd introduce myself properly this time.

I grew up in Germany where my parents have always grown their own food when I was a kid, and still do. There was a lot of fruit and veg, pigs, ducks and chickens for meat, hens for eggs, a lot of foraging for wild mushrooms and fruit, you get the idea. I didn't appreciate that lifestyle back then, but I've changed my mind and I'd like to start growing some of my own food too.

My husband and I got an allotment last year but we don't see eye to eye when it comes to gardening... I need a plan to work with (must be the German in me, hehe) while my husband does things freestyle, so I left him to it. This year we've agreed to split the allotment and keep out of each others half of the plot. I do know a fair bit about growing food from when I was a kid but the climate and conditions here are very different so I hope I'll get some good advice on here.

Anyway, I'm waffling as always... looking forward to meeting you all.

Inghinn
sean

Welcome back aboard. Very Happy A five year gap between posts may well be a forum record. Wink
gz

Croeso 'nol! Welcome back!
chez

Welcome! wave
crofter

Tee hee. We had a side each in the polytunnel once. Are you allowed to water his?
Chickem

Hello from Devon
hello2
vegplot

Good evening and welcome.

Some say that might be a bit Frosty.
gil

Hello, and welcome back ! Smile
AnnaD

Hello from Midlothian Smile
frewen

hello2 hello from Suffolk
windyridge

Hello from Lincs. Smile
sgt.colon

Hello Smile
12Bore

Hiya, welcome back to the dark side Laughing
dpack

hello ,both styles work in a food garden ,i usually plant tidy rows but spaces get filled ,makes it fun

2 plants that every allotment should have are comfrey and opium poppy ,the first for making liquid fertiliser and medicine ,the second to attract and feed bees and if medicine is needed it will be self sown

proper grannie advice

Wink
Inghinn

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome (back)! Very Happy
Jo S

Hello from Somerset! wave
gythagirl

...and another hello from Somerset! I will also be posting lots of polytunnel questions this year! Smile
Vanessa

And another from Somerset.

See, you wait all day for one ... and then 3 come along at once!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home