Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
that4this

Hello from the Tywi Valley, Wales

We are a couple of retirement age: Jenny, a children’s illustrator: Andy, a designer/maker. We moved from London in 1974 to a smallholding, and subsequently raised our family here. We no longer rear cows, pigs, geese, bees etc. – but it was fun at the time!
We have chickens, a cat and dog, and would enjoy having like-minded neighbours here to share the place with us and help to keep it lovely and productive, and increase its conviviality.
We have carried out this exchange with two couples over the past few years and have really enjoyed the experience. The previous incumbents have moved on due to changes in their life circumstances.

We are currently looking for some new neighbours:
Accommodation offered in exchange for 14hrs/week general help.
Cosy, private, well-appointed rural barn-conversion (Tywi Valley).
Including central-heating, springwater, broadband, shared garden/polytunnel produce, use of workshop.
We seek a proactive, hands-on, neighbourly couple, interested in gardening, land-management, self-sufficiency.
Contact Andy/Jenny (that4this@gmail.com)
sean

Welcome aboard.
mochyn

Croeso from mid-Wales.
Mary-Jane

Croeso from west Wales Very Happy
mochyn

See, she's not always grumpy.
Kenworth

Welcome from SW Michigan.
Rusticwood

hello from sunny Devon hello2
Mary-Jane

See, she's not always grumpy.

Embarassed
that4this

Thanks for all your welcomes Smile This seems like a nice little online community - we're new to online things.

I hope there is someone out there looking to downsize who would like to share our lovely spot - if you come across anyone then please do let us know. We feel sure that its an offer that loads of people would be interested in but its hard to find them!
Nicky Colour it green

welcome

it sounds lovely - I hope you find your new neighbours Smile
12Bore

Hello, welcome in, and best of luck with your search. hello2 marigold

Hello - it sounds like a wonderful offer Very Happy . Went

Hello and welcome from Asturias.... Smile Green Rosie

Bonjour from sunny ... no, missed it .... now rainy ( Rolling Eyes ) France mochyn

We have sun here (where's the smug emoticon)? gz

Croeso from South East Wales....with Sun!!!! sunny Cool Pel

Welcome from.. well at the moment border south east wales, but usually Helo from west-wales a bit further up than Mary-Jane. Very Happy Nature'sgrafter

welcome from the northern Island of Sanday (just above orkney) Chez

Welcome! wave earthmamma

Hello and welcome. If you are still looking in 3 years time me and the OH would be very interested. Very Happy Croftmaclean

Failte from Outer Hebrides sueshells

Welcome - wish I was in a position to move Sad Liz in Ireland

Failte hello2 that4this

Re: Hello from the Tywi Valley, Wales

Things have changed a bit here since we posted last year - Andy passed away quite suddenly shortly after we posted but we have had some people living with us in our converted barn since August. They are now moving on and we are looking for some new Downsizing neighbours. We hope it might interest one of you or your friends...?

As a refresher: I am a retired children’s illustrator and I moved from London in 1974 to a smallholding with my husband Andy, and subsequently raised our family here. We no longer rear cows, pigs, geese, bees etc. – but it was fun at the time!

We have chickens and two cats and would enjoy having like-minded neighbours here to share the place with us and help to keep it lovely and productive, and increase its conviviality.

We have carried out this exchange with three couples over the past few years and have really enjoyed the experience. The previous incumbents have moved on due to changes in their life circumstances.

We are currently looking for some new neighbours:
Accommodation offered in exchange for 14hrs/week general help.
Cosy, private, well-appointed rural barn-conversion (Tywi Valley).
Including central-heating, springwater, broadband, shared garden/polytunnel produce, use of workshop.
We seek a proactive, hands-on, neighbourly couple, interested in gardening, land-management, self-sufficiency.
Contact Jenny (that4this@gmail.com)[/quote]
Liz in Ireland

Sorry to hear of your loss..... sgt.colon

Hello and welcome. Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home