Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Yorkshire Lad

Hello

Hello, mind if I join you? I'm Phil from Bradford. I used to be a long time lurker here, then I strayed, but I have been given an allotment this year so feel I may actually be able to join in.
cir3ngirl

hello2 and welcome
Jamanda

Eyup!
Went

Hello and welcome from Asturias but....my childhood and teens were Bradford (Wibsey). Very Happy
Jamanda

Wentworth! Do you speak Spanish with a Yorkshire accent? Laughing I'm sure I do!
Yorkshire Lad

Hello all
Hello and welcome from Asturias but....my childhood and teens were Bradford (Wibsey). Very Happy

I'm not far from Wibsey, I live in Allerton.
Went

Wentworth! Do you speak Spanish with a Yorkshire accent? Laughing I'm sure I do!

You can take the boy out of Yorkshire but....you know the rest. It's quite funny really, you can always tell a Yorkshireman on holiday here, they tend to raise their voice, put on an Italian accent and add nonsensical flourishes to the end of words. There is no hope but we get by lass. Very Happy
Went

Hello all
I'm not far from Wibsey, I live in Allerton.

Know it well - How big is your allotment?
Jamanda

So what are you doing on this allotment Phil? Is it a start from scratch affair or ready to move into? Nicky Colour it green

welcome Smile Yorkshire Lad

I haven't measured the plot yet, I keep forgetting, I think it's about nine metres wide and probably three times as long. It was very overgrown when I got it in March, then covered in snow for long enough, but now I have a fruit and herb section started, a composting area, a bath sunk in the ground for a pond to try attract frogs, I have some spuds growing and am just digging away now - when the weather permits. Nick

You can take the boy out of Yorkshire but....you know the rest. It's quite funny really, you can always tell a Yorkshireman on holiday here, they tend to raise their voice, put on an Italian accent and add nonsensical flourishes to the end of words. There is no hope but we get by lass. Very Happy

You can spot a Yorkshire man anywhere. They'll tell you within about three minutes.
Woo

Bonjour from Mayenne. enjoy your digging! Went

You can spot a Yorkshire man anywhere. They'll tell you within about three minutes.
I call that efficiency Laughing
12Bore

'owdo Phil, welcome in to DS hello2 Yorkshire Lad

Quote:

What do you mean anywhere? we never leave Yorkshire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
sgt.colon

Hello Smile Mary-Jane

Croeso from west Wales Very Happy

I have LOADS of family in Yorkshire!
12Bore

Croeso from west Wales Very Happy

I have LOADS of family in Yorkshire!
Were they transported too?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home