Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Luath

Help lol

Help for the technologically challenged please! Trying to get photos from my phone to my laptop (Windows 8 ) I've got stuck at 'Saumsung S5620 doesn't have a driver'. Any clues anyone? I might have to pour a drink if not............. lol Please help the distressed x
jamanda

I've never manged to get a photo off my phone. But I do have wine.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I've looked and can't see that model number on the Samsung website (where you would want to download the driver from).

What's the full model/name of the phone and computer?

Edit - do they both have Bluetooth? Or do you have a cable to physically connect the two? Or do they both have a memory card/slot?
Luath

Oh I 've got the wine Laughing Well, did have, moving on now..............

Phone is Samsung Gt S 5620. Phone has Bluetooth, no idea about laptop. No idea what Bluetooth is.............. computer is a Toshiba laptop. Got a cable to connect yes;

Do I need to take the memory card out of the phone and put into laptop, or is that a stupid question? Really am lost here.

Thanks though, appreciated. Very Happy
stumbling goat

Use the bluetooth connect ability Luath.

sg
buzzy

Use the bluetooth connect ability Luath.

sg

And if the laptop hasn't got Bluetooth you can buy a little device for a couple of squids that will plug in a USB slot and give you it.

Henry
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Oh I 've got the wine Laughing Well, did have, moving on now..............

Phone is Samsung Gt S 5620. Phone has Bluetooth, no idea about laptop. No idea what Bluetooth is.............. computer is a Toshiba laptop. Got a cable to connect yes;

Do I need to take the memory card out of the phone and put into laptop, or is that a stupid question? Really am lost here.

Thanks though, appreciated. Very Happy

Okay, there are several options here.

You said windows 8 right? Do the swooshy thing to get the side menu ------>
and search for "bluetooth". If you get "Bluetooth settings" or something, then we're good to go. You'll need to switch bluetooth on on both your phone and laptop and "pair" them (basically introduce them so they can talk to each other by magic).
If not, proceed to option 2...

Make sure pics are saved to phone's memory card. Put memory card from phone into memory card slot of laptop, it should automatically notice there's something there and you can copy it over. If there's no removable card, or you don't have the right sized slot, proceed to option 3...

Connect phone and laptop via cable, see if laptop recognises something is there, it will probably say there's an external storage device. Use windows explorer to go hunting for your pictures like you would on any other disk / drive.

Any help?
Hairyloon

Do I need to take the memory card out of the phone and put into laptop...
That is probably easiest, if you have the adaptor: the phone probably has a micro SD card and the laptop a standard SD slot.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home