Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
nettie

Help naming a local campaign

Hiya, does anyone have any ideas for a snappy title for a month long promotional campaign within a local newspaper? It will be promoting the buying of local ethically produced food from farmer's markets, farm shops and direct from the producers, and we will be challenging our readers to buy food from these places instead of their supermarket, and write in with their experiences. Obviously we don't want anything confrontational with the supermarkets, as they do advertise with us, however we're keen to promote our local producers. Hopefully the editorial will back up the findings from things that have been happening on TV lately such as the Supermarket Secrets programme and Jamie's School Dinners.

I won't pretend there isn't a commercial aspect to this, as we will be selling advertising space to the producers that want to take part, however from my personal point of view if we can encourage people to buy locally and increase the trade to these outlets then it can only be for the good.

Please can you help? We thought of "shop local" but realised that it could be construed as not food related. All ideas gratefully received!
monkey1973

Ethical Matters??
JB

Ethics Markets?

Ethpecially for readerth with a lithp Laughing
jema

Food Smiles not miles
Mad Dad

A Few Miles From Field to Fork...

Local Food from Local People...
dougal

Eat for Real
nettie

Ooh these are great, please keep 'em coming, thank you! Very Happy
dougal

Stressing origin:

Food from Here
Eat your own
Local knowledge
Down our way

Stressing animal welfare/product quality:

Happy Food Smile
Good Food - with a halo over the 'good' ?
Food to Trust
Produce with Pride
Bugs

Edible Essex...Eating Essex...Eat Essex...

or...

and I'm proud of this one... Laughing

Localicious... Embarassed Would someone shut the door behind me...
nettie

You lot are great. I'd thought of "Eat Anglia" and we're hoping to get some kind of sponsorship from Tastes of Anglia, but I like your title suggestions better.

If this campaign is a success then there's a good chance it will be repeated in our other local newspapers up and down the UK. Very Happy
Bugs

You're so tactful Nettie! I wonder if you could make something of the similarity between Essex and ethics...but I think what you want it more of a "local food is scrumptious and not expensive...oh and it makes you a nice person on the side".

There is a group of some kind called Eat the View, which obviously you can't nab, but it's another idea

Local and luscious or local and lovely (talking about the food not you Wink )
Behemoth

"Let us go forward together by supporting local food producers and readdress the balance of food production and supply in our local communities in the next seven days"

Damn that Soviet modernism, must bing myself upto date.

Eat Local
Food on your doorstep (sounds like a takeaway service)
Local grown- Local Sold
Essex Harvest
dougal

I'm drawn towards stressing Pride as motivation - not only that the producers are both proud of their results and their methods, but that the punters should be proud of themselves for "having a go" and for supporting local people in their enterprises.
IMHO, any geographical boundary (Harlow, Essex, Anglia) is going to either exclude someone, or lead to a perception that 'that's hardly local'.
So I'd suggest

Eat Local, Eat Proud
or
Pride from our Countryside

'Our' brings involvement and flatters with ownership, etc
And "countryside" gives us bucolic rural idylls, nostalgia, nice views, ...
I think "our countryside" pushes lots of positive buttons, even down to an implication of outdoor rearing of animals
(but "Pride in our countryside" sounds too much like a landscape management campaign!)
Behemoth

Local Food for Local People - has a touch of the Royston Vasey about it.

I agree with Dougal's comments.

From Our Fields to Our Plates
ButteryHOLsomeness

how about

Swallow your Pride,
locally grown food you can eat in good conscience

Laughing
Gertie

Wow, some good suggestions here folks. Very Happy

Now, where did I leave my thinking cap. Confused
dougal

ButteryHOLsomeness wrote:
how about

Swallow your Pride,
locally grown food you can eat in good conscience

Laughing

But "Swallow *our* pride" sounds fine, at least until the mental images get disturbing... Shocked Embarassed
Maybe not !
nettie

Have you been at the home brew today Dougal? Laughing

Straight From the field to the plate.
Bugs

Ooh, brainstorming - from field to fork?
JB

Bugs wrote:
Ooh, brainstorming - from field to fork?

Didn't Monty Don already use that one?
Bugs

No, he was fork (as in with a big handle and mud on it) to fork (as in the thing you're meant to eat your peas off..or not)...I wouldn't want to see Nettie in trouble with Monty!
nettie

We're going with "From Field To Fork - the best of local produce". Thanks for all your ideas folks!!! Very Happy ###
Bugs

Fame at last Laughing - good luck Nettie, let us know when it's out and about!
nettie

We need to pull our fingers out, but it should be next month, apparently it's National Farmer's Markets month Very Happy
tahir

Behemoth wrote:

Me too, I quite like Food smiles not miles.

You'd better send me a copy when it's out, there may be room for a free links section of not for profit organisations that could help people Wink
jema

tahir wrote:
Behemoth wrote:

Me too, I quite like Food smiles not miles.

You'd better send me a copy when it's out, there may be room for a free links section of not for profit organisations that could help people Wink

I really liked it to, I almost registered a domain name foodsmiles.net, as it is free.
tahir

I'd register it, maybe we should call OUR campaign that????
jema

tahir wrote:
I'd register it, maybe we should call OUR campaign that????

Have registered it, at $24 it ain't much, and we can quibble about it later.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home