Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Hairyloon

Herbal vaporisers.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think it has potential for herbal recipes, so here seemed as good as any.

I was chatting with a friend about herbal vaporisers and I was moved to wonder what herbs have useful properties that might be used through vaporising techniques.

There were, I think quite a few herbs that were traditionally smoked for various reasons, probably none of which are outweighed by the hazards of smoking, but most of those are much reduced by controlled vaporisation...
Nick

What are you trying to achieve?

Lad has some kind of vaporiser.
dpack

coltsfoot
balsam, as in friar's rather than himalayan
hemp Laughing
etc etc

iirc there are some for the "lower end" that kill worms and/or relieve blockages which were quite popular in the middle ages, delivered as a smoke from a big squirter Rolling Eyes
Hairyloon

Just playing with the thought, to see if there is anything worth accomplishing.
As dpack alludes: there are a whole range of vaporisers available for hemp: I'm wondering what else they could be useful for.
Slim

lamb's ear mullein (Verbascum) is supposed to be a quite effective expectorant when smoked. I would assume the same effect could be had by vaporizing Question (I've never tried either)
NorthernMonkeyGirl

delivered as a smoke from a big squirter Rolling Eyes

Delivered to where, exactly?

:O
Laughing
dpack

bootyshake Shocked NorthernMonkeyGirl

I suspected as much. Bit like an old "cure" for drowning (it was on QI so must be true) Nick

As dpack alludes: there are a whole range of vaporisers available for hemp: I'm wondering what else they could be useful for.

Ah. Ok. I'm out. It's not what I thought.
Hairyloon

Ah. Ok. I'm out. It's not what I thought.

What was it that you wanted us to accomplish?

Answers so far suggest that it wasn't an entirely stupid idea, so probably worth developing a bit further.

There are two lines of thought, one to produce herbals fluid to put into the common type of vaporiser pipe, and the second is a pipe for vaporising herbs directly.
I imagine such things exist already, but I have not yet come across them.

Also, it seems to me that the vaporiser market lacks imagination. Harken back to the olden days when pipe smoking was a big thing and look at the wonderful variety of styles of pipes: all the vaporisers I've seen look like a big fat pen, possibly with the addition of a damn great battery pack.

Where are the hand crafted artisan's pipes?
Nick

I didn't want us to accomplish anything. It wasn't me that asked. Just we have a vaporiser but not the sort you're talking about so I've nothing to add, ''tis all. Hairyloon

I didn't want us to accomplish anything. It wasn't me that asked. Just we have a vaporiser but not the sort you're talking about so I've nothing to add, ''tis all.
Just seemed an odd way to put it: "I'm out". Confused No matter.
May I ask what sort of vaporiser you have?
Nick

No drama. He has some sort of thing you pour water in mixed with essential oils and it vaporises it into the air. Obviously, he also chose one with less, but I'm not convinced they add a lot of functionality. Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home