Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Debs and Conor

Hi from Cheltenham

Hi
My name is Debs and I have joined the forum because my 14yr old Conor want to grow fruit, veg and herbs.

To be honest gardening has never been my thing but Conor is really interested and I have come to the conclusion advice would be good.

I have a good friend Helen(who posts on here) who is coming over to help set the garden up and she is the one who recommended the site.

So once again Hi
sean

Welcome aboard Very Happy
marigold

Hello and welcome Very Happy
bernie-woman

Welcome to the site Debs and Conor Very Happy
TheGrange

Hello there and welcome from the Peaks Very Happy
BahamaMama

Hello - you will find an endless source of inspiration and information, just ask.
Debs and Conor

I am hoping that Conor will start posting as this is his project.

Have spent the last week digging over what will be his veg patch and have to admit although I enjoy looking at what we've accomplished so far - didn't enjoy the process.

We have been here for just over a year and the neighbour said the ground hadn't been dug over for about 10 yrs so it's full of scrubby grass. Also have to deal with a spoil heap of earth created when we dug the end of the garden over for the Owl's aviary when we moved in and the not so nice neighbour who let bind weed grow out of control and it invaded our garden.

Hopefully the lovely Helen will be visiting next week to help Conor start his patches off but before then I have to re-find and relocate a sweet little grass snake, cos Helen really doesn't like them, he snuck off yesterday before I could catch and move him and is now hidden in the spoil heap.

Have to admit so far haven't enjoyed the gardening, but Conor is getting more enthusiastic by the day, so next task is to get him some seedlings to plant. Still have to keep going I may end up liking the process and it will be nice (to eventually) eat fruit and veg we have grown ourselves

So fingers crossed
Nell Merionwen

helen who? hello2
hehehe, thanks for telling everyone about my irrational fear of grass snakes Wink
gil

Hi Debs and Conor, and welcome !
Debs and Conor

But I hadn't told everyone which helen I meant -you just did that!
mousjoos

Hi both & welcome Very Happy
Penny Outskirts

Hi Debs and Connor Very Happy We have a shop in Cheltenham and live in Cirencester.

Helen, you going to pop in and see us for a cuppa too?
Nell Merionwen

Penny wrote:
Hi Debs and Connor Very Happy We have a shop in Cheltenham and live in Cirencester.

Helen, you going to pop in and see us for a cuppa too?

yes i will x
Nicky cigreen

welcome Smile
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France (I used to live near Cheltenham - lovely part of the world Very Happy ). Pity I'm not still there - I have a load of excess seedlings you could have had due to not going to a recent Boot Fair Rolling Eyes

Keep at the gardening - it'll be worth it when you taste your first harvest.
Chickem

Hello from Devon
hello2
goosey

salute Hello and welcome, from Thames Valley clay. Very Happy
Hope you enjoy your garden.
Sherbs

Hi Debs Smile

Good luck with the gardening, say hi to Jas for me

Sherbs
Blacksmith

Welcome ! Very Happy It's much more enjoyable when you get to start eating your own crops.
Debs and Conor

the thought of eatins food we've grown is what is keeping me going at the minute, although I did feel satisfied when I realised how much we've cleared today
Ginkotree

Hello from wales, hope you and helen have a lovely time together. great that you are helping conor with the garden Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home