Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
tahir

Himalaya

if anyone missed Michael Palin's excellent series Himalaya it's being repeated at 7:00 pm every day this week on BBC4
Sarah D

One of the best programmes I've watched in years, this. The countries he visited are some of the ones I'm particularly interested in.I've borrowed the book from the library, which is full of stunning pictures. I may have to buy it................... Laughing
twoscoops

Bugger, missed it again then, haven't I? Shall have to look forward to seeing it every morning during the Christmas holidays over the next ten years.
jema

Bought the book for a friend for Xmas, varies a lot in price btw, I got it for 12.98, seen it since at 11.99.

jema
tahir

Sarah D wrote:
One of the best programmes I've watched in years, this.

Agree, can't remember the last series of similar quality.
Behemoth

I usually get Mr Palin's latest book off the inlaws and am hoping they continue the tradition.

I'm always slightly nervous in the TV programmes that he's going to become a parody of himself and end up patronising/insulting the locals and just try to have us laugh at their funny ways, but in the end it turns it around and ends up being self effacing and delivering an interesting and informative prog. A review of the book says it even better as he includes more stuff that is interesting and relevant that wouldn't have made good TV. I think they concluded that it was more and slightly better than the TV series.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home