Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
dpack

hissy whistly bangy day

it is worth the effort to take mutts out with you at the mo to show them that the noises and smells are not dangeroos or anything "odd"to worry about

ki is very chilled, she should be having been raised on the occasional random mk5 mil spec thunderflash in the bathroom Laughing but chomps has a lot to learn .he seems fairly ok so far and the background sounds are less scarey than trying to have ki's dinner Laughing Laughing Laughing

if your mutt is scared ,taking them outside in a calm way with yummy treats and relaxed kind words and a few bangs that you make can be a turning point in terms of worry in the future.

actually getting blown up will ruin any good work but most folk /mutts dont get blown up very often.

my yellow hell hound was steady as a steady thing even near quite worrying bangs until a van caught fire under us and he watched what happened after we ran away . amongst various bad things that time one of the the gas cylinders exploding and stripping it to the chassis did make him think that a bang can really be dangeroos .
wellington womble

Mine went deaf. He was much happier after that!
dpack

do you make your own ? Laughing Laughing Laughing
derbyshiredowser

Our dogs are more likely to choke to death outside tonight it seems to be burn your plastic trade waste night Shocked
dpack

i recon that went well cos chompski is not paying any attention to the noises offstage Very Happy

i will have to let him know a mk5 soon Laughing
dpack

Our dogs are more likely to choke to death outside tonight it seems to be burn your plastic trade waste night Shocked

well, the remains will show and the guilty can be sanctioned
LynneA

Sheba hid under the bed, mostly in disapproval.

The little cat we're about to adopt seems to live outside, so the poor baby is most likely freaking out tonight.

Few more downstairs adaptations (china & glass boxed up, not unreachable hiding places, cables taped over etc.) and she'll be able to move in.
Jamanda

Milo has stopped caring. A helicopter went over at treetop height and circled a number of times last week and he didn't register it.
12Bore

My Beagle asks to go outside, then lies down to watch the displays Rolling Eyes
yummersetter

Our baby puppies had a lot of videos of Millennium fireworks displays played to them when they were about the age of just opening their eyes and they're pretty easy with whizzes and bangs.
The two who stayed were OK with the neighbours' fireworks until their mum barked at a rocket that came over a bit too close - then they both bolted under a bush and hid. They're very sensitive to warnings from the older dogs.
dpack

i tried a couple of domestic mk 5's (than the full on ones) ki didnt twitch and chompi was a bit unsure about the fizzing but one it went bang he seemed fairly ok about it

after that he wasnt bothered at all by the assorted noises and smells around the neibourhood
wellington womble

do you make your own ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just old age - he's almost 14 now. And blissfully unaware of all the bangs. A hot air balloon, on the other hand, will send him bolting for cover!
dpack

after a balloon trailed a rope over our roof i duck when i see them Laughing

i think some hounds do get used to fireworks as well as not having such acute hearing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home