Honey Wholemeal Cob
- 450gms (1lb) Wholemeal flour
- 15mls (1tbls) Sunflower oil
- 15gms (1/2oz) dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 250mls (1/2pt) tepid water
- Put water, yeast, oil and honey into bowl.
- Add flour and then salt and knead for 10mins.
- Shape into a round and cover for one hour.
- Knead dough again and shape into six single round balls.
- Place five around the perimeter of a 18cm (7”) greased tin and the final ball in the centre to form a crown shaped cob.
- Prove for a further 20 –30mins.
- Bake in a hot oven for 30mins (Gas Mark 5 is ideal)