Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
cab

Horseradish for...?

I have horseradish.

I want comfrey (root cuttings or plants), but I'm open to other offers.

Cab.
Bugs

We have comfrey, some could probably do with coming out of the potato bed, but it doesn't have a name (some are pale blue and some are dark). I couldn't guarantee its edibility and it's more prolific - read "invasive" - than the Bocking 14 (I believe).

But we don't want any horseradish Laughing
Paddington Bear

We have some comfrey we have been trying to get rid of for a few years and can dig up some at the weekend!
Bugs

Laughing Cab, I think Bear and I are proving that horseradish for comfrey might be something of an equal swap Shocked
Treacodactyl

Re: Horseradish for...?

cab wrote:
I want comfrey (root cuttings or plants), but I'm open to other offers.

English or Russian, Russian is best for liquid manure I believe although their is a special strain I believe.
mochyn

Cab: I bought the lemons today!
dougal

Treacodactyl wrote:
Russian is best for liquid manure I believe although their is a special strain

IIRC "Bocking 14"?
Treacodactyl

That's the one I was thinking about.
Bugs

I wonder where you heard that then?????(not you Dougal Very Happy )

Bugs wrote:
...more prolific - read "invasive" - than the Bocking 14 (I believe).

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink

Apparently (according to Jekka McVicar, who isn't sitting here with me, I just have a book) the Bocking one has 2-3 times as much hmm potassium (I had to look it up again) as common or wild comfrey..but that's still good.
sean

Have you two considered the possibility of *talking* to each other. I'm told it's relatively simple, though you may have to turn away from your computers briefly. Wink
Bugs

I was *talking* to him! I told him the name *twice* this evening, so don't *you* asterisk *me*, you jumped up little *schoolboy* you Laughing

(Anyway, we haven't got two computers since the drama with Dell - we're sharing a remarkably quick and sturdy handmedown from our surrogate dog's owners. How Downsizery is that? Very Happy )
sean

Ah well, in that case you have my sympathy, he's obviously deaf.
Bugs

Awfully polite of you not to dwell on the fact that he might be ignoring me - after all, who would want to? Even if they got the opportunity...
cab

Blimey, all the comfrey in the world Smile

It's really for green manure, and most strains are fairly good for that; whichever comfrey has pretty flowers will do me.

So if you chaps (Paddington, Bugs) haven't got such an interest in horseradish, what else can I offer you?

(Bugs, did you get the seeds?).
ButteryHOLsomeness

dougal wrote:
Treacodactyl wrote:
Russian is best for liquid manure I believe although their is a special strain

IIRC "Bocking 14"?

what does IIRC mean? i keep seeing it and i can't figure it out Embarassed
ButteryHOLsomeness

sean wrote:
Ah well, in that case you have my sympathy, he's obviously deaf.

aren't all men deaf...selectively so, but deaf none the less! Evil or Very Mad

oops, did i just 'say' that out loud? Laughing
jema

If I recall correctly it means... no sorry can't remember.
boff

ButteryHOLsomeness wrote:

oops, did i just 'say' that out loud? Laughing

Sorry......?
Rolling Eyes
tahir

ButteryHOLsomeness wrote:
what does IIRC mean? i keep seeing it and i can't figure it out Embarassed

If I Remember Correctly
mochyn

Cab: the lemon curd is now cooling on the dresser! In the post tomorrow, I hope.
Paddington Bear

Cab, on the contrary we would love some horseradish to have with our Sunday roast (even better than marmalade sandwiches) if you want to swap.
mochyn

The HR is coming up like cress. I should get about 25-30 plants from the thongs you sent which I chopped into about 1" peices and put inot 4 large pots. Some to keep and some to give away! Bliss.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home