Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Minamoo

House insurance when working from home

Hello! I need some advice please. I'm looking to get a new house insurance policy but am having a bit of trouble finding one. I want to start doing preserving workshops at home when our extension is done and have public liability insurance but they're saying that they can't offer me anything if I'll be having clients in the house. Do you have any recommendations as to good insurance companies who would be able to give me cover?
tahir

Have you tried NFU?
troyannick

Is it house insurance thats the problem or business insurance?

I use for public liability
http://www.onebusinessinsurance.co.uk/?source=6&gclid=CJPJyd6Mwa4CFVRItAod0X9GCg
earthyvirgo

NFU, our house ins covers my business too Minamoo.
It provides excellent cover.
All the 'liability' stuff I needed

EV
welsh veg grower

nfu are very good at doing a combined thingy
gz

NFU here too, and sole trader car insurance Cool
Minamoo

Thanks for the recommendations! I have filled in their form and am waiting for them to call me back with a quote. Thank you!
Lorrainelovesplants

They are very nice, and helpful.
Wigan Pixie

Is sole trader car insurance worth getting? I only use the car once a week for work but if it's cheaper then I may look to get it.
stumbling goat

Is sole trader car insurance worth getting? I only use the car once a week for work but if it's cheaper then I may look to get it.

As long as you are covered for the purpose the car is being used for at the time of an incident, you should have no problems. If you do not have business use cover and have an incident when using the car for business then you may not have cover. Not informing the insurer of a change of use could be an expensive oversight?

People who deliver leaflets and brochures and telephone directories using their private cars often get caught out by this.

sg
gz

It means that my pots are covered in case of a bump and breakages
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home