Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
frewen

housing markets within markets

We are trying to move house - and put ours up, with a couple of jobs nearly but not quite finished....(like the front door Embarassed)

and despite reckoning on a bit of a wait we've accepted a 5k below asking price which isn't bad for a week on the market Cool

Now just got to find somewhere to go to ..... preferably with more garden Wink

It was interesting though, the estate agents wanted us to put it on at 20k below what we actually decided on in the end Twisted Evil ...looks like there still are some buyers out there Smile

Now I've posted this it'll all fall though Laughing
Penny Outskirts

Well done Very Happy How exciting!!!
frewen

I hate white gloss paint and rehoming chickens just so that the garden looks nice and "clean" Evil or Very Mad
Penny Outskirts

You white gloss paint your garden Shocked
sean

Are you moving somewhere nice or staying in Essex? Wink
frewen

We're coming down to your neck of the woods - just so I can stare in your windows and criticise your glosswork Laughing

Seriously, we'd like to move into Suffolk. Realistically we are going to have to put up with getting another bedroom and off road parking on an estate in Essex somewhere Sad

We did find a house but the amount of work (and still no garden) was prohibitive dontknow
wellington womble

You need a garden, dear. It's good for the soul.
frewen

I can keep my allotments...even if I move over the border Cool

(I checked already Laughing )
Bebo

Congrats and well done. My dad's place has been on the market since September...............
lettucewoman

coo well done...pm'ed you!!
Bulgarianlily

Village houses in Bulgaria are rumoured to have come down in price by 40% in the last two months! Mind you they were at silly prices before as Brits snapped them up for second homes. I saw 6 hectares going for 7000 euros yesterday.
lily

You have to laugh Rolling Eyes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/houseprices/4974499/House-prices-could-fall-by-further-55-per-cent.html
frewen

Who knows what will happen dontknow but we paid our last mortgage off in 10 years by being frugal and have saved and borrowed sensibly again this time.

I want a home to live in .... and if it all falls over I don't imagine it will stay that way for the next 20 years, land is a finite comodity after all Smile

I was expecting to be on the market for ages and was pleasently suprised to find that the houses in our area were still selling Smile

One thing I did find when I was house hunting, was that there were significant numbers of people who were pulling their houses off the market, or deciding to let them rather than sell them. With the result that the number and quality of houses available were less than I had expected.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home