Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
cab

How do I eradicate horseradish?

Am I going to have to glyphosate it? How many times will I have to dig it out and pick out all the roots otherwise before I'm shot of it?
Jonnyboy

I'll have some, it doesn't really grow wild over here.
cab

Jonnyboy wrote:
I'll have some, it doesn't really grow wild over here.

First batch has all been snapped up ... Next batch I dig out, I'll put you some aside.
Bugs

There's a girl on the seed swap on RC looking for some too.

You could make a fortune!
Jonnyboy

Many thanks.
boff

Cab,

I'd love some if theres any going spare at sometime
cab

Jonnyboy wrote:
Many thanks.

Probably next weekend (not the coming one, the one after).
Jonnyboy

I've seen soil sterilised by riddling it through a gas burner.

Probably complicated and expensive but you have the incentive that you've built a huge device that emits flame.
cab

boff wrote:
Cab,

I'd love some if theres any going spare at sometime

Boff, you're joint second on the list.
boff

thanks,
I'm sure I can find you a swop of some sort (dont let on but I over did the planting..... and I mean REALLY over did it)
Treacodactyl

I can just see Cab advertising his thongs on the RC. Shocked
Gai

Please, please Cab can I have some too? I've been searching for it when out walking but there doesn't seem to be any around here. I'll cover postage.
cab

Gai, if there's any left after the first three, you're number four.

Blimey, I ought to consider ebaying this stuff!
Gai

Thanks loads Cab. PM me later if you have any and I'll send you my contact details.
Jonnyboy

cab wrote:
Gai, if there's any left after the first three, you're number four.

Blimey, I ought to consider ebaying this stuff!

Well, at least you don't need to eradicate, cultivate it!
dougal

Please put me down for a little bit too...
cab

dougal wrote:
Please put me down for a little bit too...

You can be next on the list. Can't promes I'll get enough plant like bits, but I'll see what comes up.
Pilsbury

Can you guess what i am going to say, If theres a little left over maybe.......... and you wondered how to get rid of it Very Happy
Silas

Re: How do I eradicate horseradish?

cab wrote:
Am I going to have to glyphosate it? How many times will I have to dig it out and pick out all the roots otherwise before I'm shot of it?

I've just dug up some real gold soverigns that I dont really want, any idea how I can get rid of them?
mochyn

Me too Cab: I have none, and I love the stuff. I will, however, be planting it in a sunken bucket with no bottom. The bucket, not me... So if there's any left, could I please cadge some? What can I send you in return? I'm going to be knitting a jersey for Blacksmith in return for brackets, but it strikes me that a jersey would represent a huge quantity of Horseradish!
cab

mochyn wrote:
Me too Cab: I have none, and I love the stuff. I will, however, be planting it in a sunken bucket with no bottom. The bucket, not me... So if there's any left, could I please cadge some? What can I send you in return? I'm going to be knitting a jersey for Blacksmith in return for brackets, but it strikes me that a jersey would represent a huge quantity of Horseradish!

You're on the list. Whether I get that far down the list I don't know!

As for what I'll ask for in return for horseradish, I haven't thought that far ahead.
mochyn

I've just checked: there's no horseradish on ebay at the moment...
cab

Fingers crossed there'll be enough to go around... Looks like we can get away with rather small bits:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/gqt/fsheets/01_12_02/fsheetsq2.shtml
bagpuss

cab wrote:
Fingers crossed there'll be enough to go around... Looks like we can get away with rather small bits:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/gqt/fsheets/01_12_02/fsheetsq2.shtml

from the look of that you can get rid of it using mint if you didn't have enough if that already
cab

bagpuss wrote:

from the look of that you can get rid of it using mint if you didn't have enough if that already

I noticed that too Smile

There are probably a whole load of other invasive plants that might 'help' here.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home