Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
bulworthy project

How do we get traffic to our facebook page?

We have just set up a facebook page for Bulworthy Project and wondered if anyone has tips on how to get traffic to it.

Any tips anyone?

The page is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bulworthy-Project/236309993174571?skip_nax_wizard=true
cir3ngirl

Keep posting great posts and pic and we can share with all our friends
alison

Add a button onto your website.

Use the link on publicity.

Like all the ds peoples pages, and ask them to like you.

Send out invites to your own friends, and ask them to share.
mochyn

I've just 'liked' it! Smile
sam of victini

Firewor display, Airoplane Banners and thats my crazy ideas which might work at sompoint
Went

Re: How do we get traffic to our facebook page?

We have just set up a facebook page for Bulworthy Project and wondered if anyone has tips on how to get traffic to it.

Any tips anyone?

The page is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bulworthy-Project/236309993174571?skip_nax_wizard=true

Have you liked pages on FB in the past? Why have you - analyse that and you have your answer.

FB, twitter, blogs and websites need to be dynamic and engaging - no use sitting back and expecting traffic - it wont happen. Engage your audience and involve them in what you are doing.
Bodrighy

Liked.

Pete
Went

With respect, you can get anyone to like your page simply by asking. Turning likes into customers or advocates for your business is a whole different ball game.
Chickem

Liked! Cool
Jamanda

Liked (Torrington Commons) - look at the links to the people who like you who are local and like them. (I consider Devon, North Cornwall & bits of Somerset local). You need to pimp yourself a bit without being intrusive. I get lots of attention talking about chocolate on our local deli's page. (And I do buy the chocolate Laughing )
Rob R

Liked & shared on our facebook pages
vegplot

At least you make your Facebook pages public unlike some.

*glares at Mochyn*

mochyn

VP: tell me how! Laughing
vegplot

VP: tell me how! Laughing

No idea I don't have a Facebook account.
mochyn

Insomnia's a bugger, isn't it? Laughing vegplot

Insomnia's a bugger, isn't it? Laughing

Certainly is. I'd offer you a cup of tea but that would be pointless.
mochyn

Laughing Doea EV know? About FB, not about tea/coffee. vegplot

Laughing Doea EV know? About FB, not about tea/coffee.

Probably. I'll go and ask her - now.
mochyn

Shocked vegplot

She said ...

"Ah dearly beloved thank you for drawing this to my attention. I am most eager to answer your question. However, I cannot recall how this is done and may I suggest you do a little search of Google or Bing. If that fails I will be most willing to get out of my bed and research for you."

or words to that effect.
mochyn

Hmm. Had a quick google and can't find anything sensible. I'm off to try to get a bit of kip. Nos da! (Or more appropriately bore da). earthyvirgo

Re: How do we get traffic to our facebook page?

Any tips anyone?

Have you liked pages on FB in the past? Why have you - analyse that and you have your answer.

FB, twitter, blogs and websites need to be dynamic and engaging - no use sitting back and expecting traffic - it wont happen. Engage your audience and involve them in what you are doing.

That's it in a nutshell for me. I tend to 'like' pages/people who post regularly, tell me what they're doing, have good quality images.

Several galleries follow my printmaking projects (I try to show the development of each print) which is what I talk about most on FB.

Personally, I'm put off by people who repeatedly ask me to like their page, seemingly for no good reason other than wanting more likes.

EV
Midland Spinner

@ Mochyn
Is your page a business or a personal page? Business pages are visible to non Fb people (afaik)

Also have you set your privacy settings to 'public'?
sgt.colon

Run a competition to win something. Tweet about it and say when you get x amount of likes on Facebook, a winner will be picked. mochyn

OK: as for my pages: I have two, There's a personal one under my name, and there's the business one for From The Hills. Joe has discovered that you have to look for fromthehills rather than From The Hills, though. That one's public. Midland Spinner

OK: as for my pages: I have two, There's a personal one under my name, and there's the business one for From The Hills. Joe has discovered that you have to look for fromthehills rather than From The Hills, though. That one's public.

That's why I couldn't find it! (although I was pretty sure that I'd liked it, and sure enough, I had)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home