Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Tavascarow

How's your garlic?

Taken yesterday.
About 8 to 10 inches high.
Planted November from supermarket bulbs.
Top dressedwith my best home made compost at planting, thinking of giving it some more.
Outer leaves are starting to yellow.
If I don't get any substantial rain in the next few days I shall have to get the watering can out.

Lorrainelovesplants

Mine arent as tall as yours Steve - but we are on a hill and you are in a lusher bit of Cornwall.

Got a bit of decent rain yesterday and its cloudy this morning. Like you, I planted supermarket garlic.
gz

About twice the size of mine Smile All looking healthy
Shan

I got mine in late - only finished planting out yesterday but I did sprout them 1st in the greenhouse so they are doing ok.
mochyn

Ours are looking good. I wonder what this snow will do to them?
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Fewer leaves, but about the same size and no yellow yet Laughing

Do I need to do anything to them or just ignore them? Apart from water during the drought....
Shan

Ours are looking good. I wonder what this snow will do to them?

Ours went through snow and heavy frost without any bother last year.
Shan

Do I need to do anything to them or just ignore them? Apart from water during the drought....

They are generally best ignored unless they are extremely dry.
Tavascarow

Keep them hoed they don't like weed competition.
earthyvirgo

Under a thick blanket of snow

EV
growit

Not quite as big as yours but looking healthy. Ignoring them totally Laughing Mithril

I think mine are OK, despite looking a bit mouldy when I planted them. Confused sueshells

So far so good. Mine aren't as tall but I only planted them end of Feb. Haven't seen them for a couple of days, however..........but they should be OK. misty07

i planted mine on shortest day and about same sort of size but dogs keep running over them and there starting to fold so need to get back onto them to not kill them Mistress Rose

I planted mine in the autumn and they are about the same as yours. I gave them a top dressing of wood ash as the leaflet that came with them advised potash, and have given them a bit of feed and occasional water from the can. A bit of yellow on the outside, and some of the onions are a bit yellow. Any advice for them? We have had some rain now, so hoping that will help, as I have failed with onions the last two years.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Array Array Array