Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
sueshells

Huge (50 kilos+) Yarn Stash for Dyeing Business or Hoarding

I have a ridiculous amount of yarn (and some fibres).

I was intending to set up a business dyeing it and selling it on eBay, which I did very successfully for a while and then my daughter moved back and I didn't have the time or space. Now I have, very reluctantly, decided that I am never going to do it as I am concentrating on my bookselling.

So - I probably have 50+ kilos of (mostly) undyed yarn. I have wool, mohair, silk, linen, cotton, a little synthetic textured yarn - all nylon and can be dyed with acid dyes, cashmere/silk, angora/wool/silk, kidfur (I think that's what it's called; can't remember exactly what this is but it has kid mohair in it and is a boucle yarn), etc..

I have aran weight, double weight, 4-ply and laceweight.

I have plain, knopped, textured, boucle, eyelash, chenille, and more.

I have lots of handspun. (Kilos of it.)

I have beautiful dyed spinning fibres imported from the USA. I have carded white poodle fibre. I have lots of other fibres and bits and pieces.

I have vintage crocheted and other fabrics/laces/edgings for dyeing.

I have various items for dyeing with acid dyes including a Baby Burco (which I haven't tested), a stainless steel fish kettle, large double steamer, catering sized dishes and other items.

So - I don't know exactly what I have but I wondered if anyone would be interested in buying the whole lot? I am probably looking for around £1500 or so, depending on the end weight when I've gone through it all. If you would like to set up a business I am happy to share my unique ideas with you. My business was intended to be aimed more at embroiderers and mixed media artists than at knitters.

If anyone is interested please PM me.
Nick

Oh, I think you'll find everyone on here that might be interested already has just the right amount of yarn and fibres. No room for any more at all. Smile
sueshells

So I won't actually find a home for it even if a Downsizer has won the Lottery?

Thank goodness. I've been intending to sell it for about two years but every time I look through it, handle it, sniff it...........
Nick

Oh, don't get me wrong, but I think it's entirely possible to have too much yarn, and most right minded people accept that and wouldn't consider getting more. Wink
Rob R

I dunno, if the price is low enough someone will take it, they can't resist a bargain.
Finsky

That is lot of 'stuff' for one to handle. If you were to split it into smaller 'chuncks'....I could see more people being interested taking on more 'stuff'.. Laughing
I've noticed that particularly fibres are doing very well in Ebay.. Wink
sueshells

That is lot of 'stuff' for one to handle. If you were to split it into smaller 'chuncks'....I could see more people being interested taking on more 'stuff'.. Laughing
I've noticed that particularly fibres are doing very well in Ebay.. Wink

That is my other option.......but I have a lot of other commitments at the moment.

Plus - I have to try to get rid of it before I change my mind....again Shocked
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home