Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary
Cathryn

I have an apiary.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I collected a swarm last night and they are still in the hive. They spent the day being busy busy busy. So did I so I plan to spend tomorrow watching them (in between helping to worm some lambs apparently Rolling Eyes)

The swarm came from a fellow beekeeper. It was in a open bottomed box wrapped in a sheet ready to just drop into the hive. How neat is that? Smile
Jamanda

Very Happy Good stuff! Where did you put them in the end?
Tavascarow

Well done.
Now you have got your bees you will have to get some straw & make a skep, so you can catch your own swarms next year.
Smile
Cathryn

Very nice but that straw mask is slightly scary.

They are up at the top. It has shelter and plenty of flowers. You can admire it when you visit.

I think my Christmas presents are sorted for several years to come. (Mind you, I might change my mind when it all goes wrong.)
pookie

Re: I have an apiary.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I collected a swarm last night and they are still in the hive. They spent the day being busy busy busy. So did I so I plan to spend tomorrow watching them (in between helping to worm some lambs apparently Rolling Eyes)

The swarm came from a fellow beekeeper. It was in a open bottomed box wrapped in a sheet ready to just drop into the hive. How neat is that? Smile

Yay!! Smile
DawnMK

welcome to the feral beeks union Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home