Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
jema

If you want a job done properly rant

Twisted Evil

Last week I got the downsizer server upgraded with a new hard drive. The technicians did the least intelligent thing possible with it.

This week I asked them to upgrade my other server, this time laying down how I wanted it done.

After they put the new drive in some hours after it should have happened, they choose them to query my suggestion and propose their own scheme Rolling Eyes Since this is a reasonable one I agree.

Due to the sheer amount of data involved I know this is going to be a few hours of server down time. But I have come back to check on progress and the fools are copying the data, but the server is still up and running albeit like a dead dog.

What this means is that the data they are copying is in all likelyhood totally fubar, and they will have to do it again this time with the server offline Evil or Very Mad thus giving my business even more down time Twisted Evil

When I set up these servers, both this one and the downsizer one, I had the option of going cheap and relying on my years of unix sys admin experience of going expensive and using the service of people who deal with 100's and 1000's of servers daily. Going expensive was the correct decision, but I am pretty pissed off if this is the level of competance i get in return Rolling Eyes
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home