Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Injured duck eyes

We thought the drake had been over enthusiastic and scraped behind the duck's eyes, but on examination it's the eyes themselves that have been injured - or is it an infection completely unrelated? We've bathed with warm water and are looking up other causes.
Ideas?
Also can I attach pics from mobile??
Nick

No, you need to use a PC, or mail them to someone.
Chez

She's not very happy. We've flushed it out and got her isolated with a big bucket of nice clean water she can have a good wash in. Third eyelids are working okay. I'm kicking myself for not noticing before Sad.

mousjoos

Head Goose had/has something similar, but looked like above the eye was swollen...also the eye seemed to "froth" if that's the right word...a bit like bubbly spit

I gave him some eye drops (veterinary I think) & things look better

I though maybe it was an allergy &/or something seedy/grassy as I hadn't yet cut the field
NorthernMonkeyGirl

There is a bit of froth.
SandraR

Poultry and Waterfowl Problems by Michael Roberts.

"Dirty Sticky eye"

Wash eye 2x a day with warm mild solution of TCP Once dry apply Golden Eye ointment.Condition should show improvement after a few days.
Chez

Oooh, I've got golden eye ointment! Thank you, Sandra. Annoyingly, this is one I bought in Sad
SandraR

If brought in it could be dietary, a lack of vitamins is also sited as a cause along with lack of clean water deep enough to immerse the head.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

They were brought in in February so any vitamin or environmental stuff would have shown up then or been resolved? Maybe?
dpack

how is the patient doing?

if they are out around your way yet a bit of elderflower tea to dilute the tcp wash might help.
Chez

NMG took her to the vet this PM, who says he thinks it's a shagging injury that's got infected. 2ml baytril every day for a week and no carnal relations. Drake is going tomorrow, he's a bit big. I'm.looking for a smaller one Smile
NorthernMonkeyGirl

0.2ml!! Very Happy
Chez

Uh-oh!
wellington womble

Oh dear.
Chez

She seems better this morning. She's escaped from the dog-cage hospital and is standing outside the duck house, shouting. I'm going to have a word with her about working on her self-esteem and not feeling she needs to be trapped in an abusive relationship.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home