Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Nochexman

Internet Merchant Account - Free set-up / pay no monthly fee

Hello, I have been a member of Downsizer for a couple of years, but this is my first post.

Please accept my apology if my first post is also an advert! I could not find any guidelines to say I should not write this, but if I missed them I am sure you will let me know!

The company I work for - Nochex - is offering its UK Trader Internet Merchant Account free from set-up fee until the end of February 2013.

The account is also free from monthly fees so you only pay when you trade. The standard transaction rate is 3.2% + 20p per transaction.

I thought I would post the news here as people do seem to pop up from time to time looking to save money on their online payments.

I do hope this is of help to someone. If you would like to know more, please visit our website at nochex.com or feel free to ask any questions here and I will do my best to answer them.

Happy New Year!
- Peter
sean

It's your second post. Smile
Rob R

I can recommend Nochex as a UK based alternative to PP. The only reason I'm not using them at the moment is that my website is configured to PP & Nochex don't do a Virtual Terminal.
Nochexman

New year's resolution: learn to count Embarassed
Nick

Might be handy in the financial sector. Wink
Pilsbury

Might be handy in the financial sector. Wink

Not sure why, its never bothered any of the big banks that they can't add up bonuses and profit to find it actually comes to more than that make.
Barefoot Andrew

Hi Pete. Based on Rob's recommendation, I've passed on your Nochex tip-off to a web designer colleague who does lots of ecommerce gubbins.
A.
powerjen

Hi, I have used NoChex in the past and they were rubbish. They would never reply to support requests or questions and they suspended my account for no reason and wouldn't then reply to any of my requests to reopen it. Very poor.

Just my experience (and this is definitely my first post).
Nochexman

Hi powerjen.

I was sorry to hear about your experience with Nochex. Could you pm me your email address so that I could investigate?

Thanks,
- Peter (I work for Nochex)
Hairyloon

Re: Internet Merchant Account - Free set-up / pay no monthly

The company I work for - Nochex - is offering its UK Trader Internet Merchant Account free from set-up fee until the end of February 2013.
Once set up, is it ongoing, or will there be a renewal fee at some point?

On the one hand, this looks like a too good to be true offer, but on the other, I'm not seeing why you think you should be charging a set up fee in the first place...
Nochexman

Good morning Hairyloon.

There is no renewal fee.

Quote:
On the one hand, this looks like a too good to be true offer, but on the other, I'm not seeing why you think you should be charging a set up fee in the first place...

The set-up fee covers the direct cost of setting up the account.

We are considering whether if we withdrew set-up charges permanently we would generate enough extra business to cover our set-up costs that way.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
- Peter
Hairyloon

There is no renewal fee.
Then there appears to be no catch in this offer. If so, it would make sense for us all to sign up for it just in case we want it later.
Quote:
Quote:

Which, from where I am sat (in a position of ignorance), appears to be the logging of some details on a database: i.e. practically none. I'm always happier paying for something when I can see why it is costing...
Quote:
Appreciate your feedback.

Glad to be of service.
Nochexman

Thanks for the feedback Hairyloon!

Then there appears to be no catch in this offer. If so, it would make sense for us all to sign up for it just in case we want it later.

This is correct, though bear in mind that if you opened an account and then didn't use it for a period (at the moment I believe it is a year) you would need to ask us to reopen the account before you planned to use it, as I believe it would be made dormant. But otherwise, now is an excellent time to get an account!

Quote:

The set-up fee covers the direct cost of setting up the account.[/quote]

Quote:
Which, from where I am sat (in a position of ignorance), appears to be the logging of some details on a database: i.e. practically none. I'm always happier paying for something when I can see why it is costing...

Basically, we run an online check of your website for which we pay a third-party charge.

Hope this helps,
- Peter
Hairyloon

Quote:

Basically, we run an online check of your website for which we pay a third-party charge.
So what would they be checking for?

Quote:
Hope this helps,
- Peter

Indeed it does. Helps me, helps you, and hopefully, that you are getting lightly grilled will help people feel better about you coming on here to advertise... not that that is any of my business. Wink
Nochexman

On such a cold day being lightly grilled is no bad thing!

Quote:

It covers a number of things, but the idea is to make sure you are selling the things you say you are selling.

I do hope you are going to apply for an account after this!

Have a great day,
- Peter
Hairyloon

Quote:

It covers a number of things, but the idea is to make sure you are selling the things you say you are selling.
Why does that matter? Is there likely to be a problem with my line of environmentally sustainable, adult interest items?
And what is to stop anyone from changing their site after you have done your check?
Quote:
I do hope you are going to apply for an account after this!

I was probably going to open one before this, on the basis of "why not?", but I think these are sensible questions and your answers are here for everybody.
Nochexman

[quote="Hairyloon:1317663"]
Quote:
Why does that matter? Is there likely to be a problem with my line of environmentally sustainable, adult interest items?

And what is to stop anyone from changing their site after you have done your check?

The checks are repeated! However, the objective is not to trip you up, but to supply us both with a shared understanding of what you are doing and if there are issues then finding a way of overcoming them.

Ideally, if you are planning radical changes to your website then the best thing is to let us know and if we have concerns to iron these out before they can become problems.

Genuinely, the idea is to keep you trading successfully!

Hope this is clear,
- Peter
OtleyLad

Well I've applied for an account with them - so I can sell my book via the website - let you know how I get on... Nochexman

Hello OtleyLad.

How did you get on with your Nochex application?

Am always interested to receive feedback - good or bad.

But I do hope it went well!

Best wishes,
- Peter
OtleyLad

Hello OtleyLad.

How did you get on with your Nochex application?

Am always interested to receive feedback - good or bad.

But I do hope it went well!

Best wishes,
- Peter

Just adding web pages to sell the book and then will start the actual integration..
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home