Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
ArnoldBlack

Introduction -Arnold (and Sue)

Hi, I'm Arnold (married to Sue, with married daughther Samantha and Grandson Dominick).

We have been living in North Wales for the past 25 years in a village setting. The stone built house was only going to be a step to a small holder Very Happy but we never managed to get it together, too lazy. However we have a big garden (well it's a 1/3 acre) managed organically for 20 years, a 28ft polytunnel, fenced vegtable plot and 6 tree orchard (we have 4 rare breed chickens that range completely free hence the fence). We are self sufficient for at least 1/2 the year, that includes solar thermal water (roof the wrong orientation shape for PV and the sandstone has ironstone in it so GSHP are difficult), a log burner (which I have never bought so much as a stick for, all recycled/scrap wood). As two engineers we advise on Renewable energy scheme/funding and Susan, with a Partner. runs an internet organic and heritage seed company (in which I strictly not allowed to interfer). If you're interested in either get in touch, initial talk cost nothing!

After a career in international environmental project management I've had my wings clipped by a diagnosis of inoperable Cancer eight weeks ago so I'm bored (and not a little apprehensive). Crying or Very sad

regards
Arnold

Quote:
Sustainable solutions are about the right thing in the right place not just the right attitude!
Green Man

Hello Smile
Chez

Welcome! wave
Chickem

Hi
from soggy Devon
hello2
T.G

Hello, welcome from the Peaks Very Happy
Rusticwood

Hi
from soggy Devon
hello2

Ditto
arvo

Hiya Smile
Nicky Colour it green

welcome Smile
earthyvirgo

Hello there, nice to see new North Wales DS'ers.

Croeso

EV
Cathryn

Hello. I'm in mid Wales.

Ah yes, it says that in my signature, couldn't remember. Smile
sean

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Went

Hello Arnold- welcome - I hope you can find some useful distraction on here and share your knowledge. Sorry to hear about your Cancer.
12Bore

Hello, and welcome! Very Happy
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Hi Smile
gardening-girl

Hello from Somerset hello2
Nell Merionwen

hello and welcome Cool
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France Very Happy
gz

Croeso from South East but used to be North West Wales Laughing
Kenworth

Howdy do from SW Michigan Cool
lettucewoman

hello from the new forest Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home