Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
sowitgrows

introduction to say hi

hello to all, somene told me about the site and it looks good so here we are. my name is paul and i have an allotment here in greater manchester. interested in all things "grow your own" i am a chef and a part time writer and have a couple of projects on the go including a history of manchester and one on rock music. a bit diverse but all stuff i like, regards and looking forward to using forum and the site.
jamanda

Hello there. Very Happy
marigold

Hello Smile
Mithril

Hello Smile
Vintagenomad

Hello there Smile
12Bore

Howdo, welcome in hello2
vegplot

Re: introduction to say hi

i am a chef and a part time writer

You'll be popular here then Smile

Welcome.
Went

Hello and welcome... Very Happy
Nicky cigreen

welcome Smile
sowitgrows

thanks to all for replies to hello

It was kind of you all to reply, the site looks to be a great resource for info etc so will be on fairly regularly. My kitchen table full of leek seedlings already this year hope it is a good one for us all, last year was a big wash out but we have to cope with what we have don't we?
Went

Re: thanks to all for replies to hello

It was kind of you all to reply, the site looks to be a great resource for info etc so will be on fairly regularly. My kitchen table full of leek seedlings already this year hope it is a good one for us all, last year was a big wash out but we have to cope with what we have don't we?

Always, but that is part of the joys of home-grown. How many leeks are you planting?
Penny Outskirts

Hello hello2

My OH is planting cut off ends of leeks at the moment to see if they grow.... Confused
Went

Hello hello2

My OH is planting cut off ends of leeks at the moment to see if they grow.... Confused

That is downsizing... Very Happy Unleekly they'll grow but who knows? report back please Very Happy
sowitgrows

leeks

Planted a full pack of musselbergh-loads.Also trying Lyon and they are all up. Had a pack of Jolant from a couple years ago about half of those up as seedlings so now potting on and trying to find space for them all as greenhouse on plot still cold at night and very cold snap this week, will nurse them in the house until I can get them into the greenhouse once cold weather eases.It is the first time I have planted so early, encouraging. perlogalism

Other than the Manchester bit, you'll be very welcome on here Wink

Welcome aboard.
VM

I used to be in Manchester and have an allotment, but just moved to
Lincolnshire! Hello and enjoy this forum.
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France Very Happy MornieG

Hi and welcome, just joined myself, well not 'joined myself' that would be difficult and could be a little uncomfortable depending where the join was, but just joined the forum.

Hmmmmm think the cold is getting to what's left of my brain.

Mo.XX

ps I don't grow anything except fatter.
DorsetScott

Greetings Rusticwood

Hello hello2 gythagirl

...and hi to you (and Mo!) from a snow-melty-soggy Somerset Smile lyndsayfink

Hi there! (I'm new too Smile ) LynneA

Hi salute

As a music journo / indie club dj in my past life - please tell me more about the music project too.
Liz in Ireland

Dia duit hello2 sowitgrows

replies to my hello

Again thanks for replies whilst I have been busy and not on computer thingy. To reply to the music question it really started as a quest to find out what was "out there" here in North Manchester. I have loved rock/blues stuff for years and have come across some interesting people who you wouldn't know have any connections to music. I am aware of a lot of stuff over the years from my own experience and have collected enough stuff( or ideas, still some interviews to do!) to put something together. This all takes time and fits around the growing season as that is also a huge passion. There are some Joy Division connections and also Strawberry Studio(Stockport) connections. Not explained it alll well as so much but you get the idea. Love to hear of your stuff but maybe not for a grow your own forum, LynnA Nell Merionwen

hello hello2 MornieG

...and hi to you (and Mo!) from a snow-melty-soggy Somerset Smile

Thank you and Welcome to Lyndsay too.

Mo.XX
Penny Outskirts

Hello hello2

That is downsizing... Very Happy Unleekly they'll grow but who knows? report back please Very Happy

Well we have an update Laughing

......and this is how we're starting them off.

A very interesting experiment. Wonder if they'll be edible?
tahir

I think they'll bolt, be inyteresting to see though sgt.colon

Laughing At MornieG.

Welcome to the madhouse. Very Happy
Annemieke

What with everything you have going, do you still have time to go on the computer?
I hope you enjoy the site, Paul. Love, Annemieke.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home