Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
tahir

IP Stack virus?

I run Win2kPro on my PC at work, installed a CD Burner programme (Amazing) that I'd downloaded years ago, both my spyware programmes (MS AntiSpyware & Spyware Doctor) picked up the fact that it was installing spyware, I ran both and they each came up with bits and pieces that they removed. AVG Free came up clean, ran MS Malicious Software removal tool and Stinger too, none picked anything up.

Unfortunately ever since then I can't connect to anything via TCP/IP, can ping but not telnet. Tried uninstall/reinstall TCP/IP. Don't have a software firewall (we use a hardware one)

Any ideas appreciated
tahir

Dunno if this helps but I can see my PC on the network, it's just I can't see the network from my PC Evil or Very Mad
jema

tahir wrote:
Dunno if this helps but I can see my PC on the network, it's just I can't see the network from my PC Evil or Very Mad

But if you can ping, you can see the network.

But ping is i think ICMP packets and not packets aimed at a "port". So it is a different ball game Confused
tahir

It was something that wouldn't let the Net Logon service start, did what they said here and it resolved the issue:

http://www.mcse.ms/archive62-2004-6-729891.html
jema

Well done Smile

Goobleygook to me to be honest. windows networking really is not one of my areas of knowledge.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home