Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
stumbling goat

ipv4 message from Google query

Have tried looking for a firm in Suffolk and I get a message suggesting that there is unusual traffic from my computer or network.

"ipv4" appears, a request to tap in a code to show that I am not a robot.

Is the code safe to tap in?

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this?

sg
sgt.colon

I've had it a couple of times on my home computer whilst using PIA VPN. I turned the VON off and the problem went away. Are you using a VPN?
stumbling goat

Hi SgtColon,

Thank you for your reply, but, I do not know what a PIA VPN is or what a VON is.

Thinking through the problem, I am getting it from the shortcut I have used to get to Google for last 2 years so confident it is not a spam website.

sg
vegplot

Are you clicking a link to get to the Google search engine?
vegplot

Re: ipv4 message from Google query

Have tried looking for a firm in Suffolk and I get a message suggesting that there is unusual traffic from my computer or network.

This sounds like a bogus link. A screen shot of the problem would be helpful.
stumbling goat

Hello vegplot,

the link, is the shortcut in my favourites bar that I always use to access sites I frequent regularly. So confident, ish with my limited computer knowledge, it is not sending me to a spoof/phishing/scam site.

hth

sg
vegplot

Hello vegplot,

the link, is the shortcut in my favourites bar that I always use to access sites I frequent regularly. So confident, ish with my limited computer knowledge, it is not sending me to a spoof/phishing/scam site.

hth

sg

Hover over the link and make a note of the URL.

Go directly to the Google site not clicking the link.
sgt.colon

Hi SgtColon,

Thank you for your reply, but, I do not know what a PIA VPN is or what a VON is.

Thinking through the problem, I am getting it from the shortcut I have used to get to Google for last 2 years so confident it is not a spam website.

sg

Ahhh right it's not that then. Sorry VON is a typo, should have just been VPN

What browser are you using? Mine was Firefox. Could you try another browser and see if you have the same problem?

Vegplot, I know what you mean about it could possible be bogus. I thought the same but I scanned my machine with Spybot and nothing came up.
stumbling goat

Have gone direct to Google as advised and all is well. Thank you for the help and advice.

sg
vegplot

Have gone direct to Google as advised and all is well. Thank you for the help and advice.

sg

You really should perform a through check of your system.
stumbling goat

I am using an apple macbook air, and being not altogether au fait with the tinter web, let alone Apple OS idiosyncrasies am not sure where to start?

I upgraded, updated my OS as suggested by Apple recently, to "Yosemite". DOH! moment. Changed loads of things that I then had to learn anew.

sg
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home