Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
dpack

it is pankake day again,what is going in your's?

so far i have made the batter base sourdough starter,egg yolks,half unit of strong flour ,a bit of salt and sugar,enough soya milk to give a creamy batter.that stands and ferments for at least a few hours .just before use beat again with a little baking powder added.
the egg whites are whipped and folded in last.
hot pan with oil poured in and out between pancakes

fillings

a bit of smoked salmon shredded into creme fresh with dill and mustard.warm briefly before serving.

sliced pears poached in ginger beer with sugar,honey and cinnamon

honey and lemon

what are you lot having?

ps pancakes are not just for mardi gras Wink
Nick

Sugar. Lemon. Nutella.
Nick

Sugar. Lemon. Nutella.

Yes, yes, I know. Hush, already.
Shan

Are you on the booze already?
Nick

I wish. No, just having the worst Downsizer day ever.
wellington womble

I'm with Nick (he must be having a bad day!!)
LynneA

Buckwheat pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, and a little Manchego grated on top.

May do a bacon and cheese-less one ( Surprised ) and put a dollop of ice cream on it for afters.
tahir

I hate pancakes
cir3ngirl

In blueberries, on butterscotch sauce
Hairyloon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb7gnhZPf8o
Nick

Oh, generally, it's a great day. Just not as a *Downsizer*.

I've booked trips to Luxembourg (I am driving!), and California, and am having Nutella spread on my pud.
Pilsbury

Oh, generally, it's a great day. Just not as a *Downsizer*.

I've booked trips to Luxembourg (I am driving!), and California, and am having Nutella spread on my pud. next you will be popping out for a big mac and a mcflurry... Nick

Oh no.

But, you know, they do do a great breakfast. Wink

And I'm stuck in Swansea for 48 hours. Who could blame me?
Pilsbury

Freshly ground Arabica beans... dpack

they were yummy and now im very full Very Happy Bebo

I hate pancakes

I'm indifferent to them, but it makes a nice change that someone isn't raving about it being pancake day.
sean

I should get organised one year and make masal dosais for pancake day. With the coconutty stuff. dpack

I should get organised one year and make masal dosais for pancake day. With the coconutty stuff.

if you use rice flour and tinned gram (blended)with a bit of water and either yeast or some of yesterday's batter as a culture overnight before adding more water blending again to a thinish batter and standing in a warm place til evening they are quite easy

i fill mine with spiced (cumin,a bit of haldi and a little green chilli) mashed spud with onions and use red chilli in the coconut

just like uncle (at the shri ) Laughing it is one of the few recipes i got out of him and im not certain it is his restaurant one but it works far better than rice flour ,gram flour baking powder as often suggested which seems to give a heavy result

from rice and dried chickpeas it takes a couple of days of soaking , boiling , fermenting and blending etc etc .
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home