Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption
 


       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
gz

it would be nice

if when you click on the last post of a thread....and it is the first in a new page....that you could go back to the previous post in the thread instead of to the top of the previous page?
just a thought Smile
Jamanda

A challenge for the techies! I see what you mean.
earthyvirgo

Re: it would be nice

gz wrote:
if when you click on the last post of a thread....and it is the first in a new page....that you could go back to the previous post in the thread instead of to the top of the previous page?
just a thought Smile


I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday gz Smile

EV
gz

hello jema Very Happy
vegplot

It's the kind of request I hate hearing. My instance response would be 'it's what the scroll bar is for'. But that's not very customer orientated.
Barefoot Andrew

Ooh, I managed to miss this earlier somehow.

Your suggestion is on the face of it reasonable gz, but... if we changed it there'd no doubt be many that preferred the old way.

Suggestion noted though.
A.
gz

I was thinking of an extra "view previous post" button Smile ?
Thanks for noting Very Happy
jema

Extra buttons are of course extra confusion Sad

I have often thought that when you click on the last page of posts then you should actually get a page of posts, so you can simply see the previous posts. A lone post at the top of the page is not very useful.

e.g. The past page is a bit faked. this would mean if you go back a page you get some of the same posts again, but by and large surely you would not need to go back, and I think people could probably cope anyway.
Jamanda

That might be a good compromise if it weren't too difficult to implement. The only place it might be a pain is Mafia when you do need to scrutinize past pages, but I don't think that's a good enough reason not to do it if it would be better for the main part of the forum.
Midland Spinner

This might have needed its own thread but here seemed a good place to put it.

Searching: I put my keywords in, wait for the green line, then get a list of suggestions.
When I've checked out one and try to navigate back to the search results page I get "webpage out of date error" (or some such message). So I have to re-do the search.

Is there any way of saving the search so that I can check through all the possible suggestions? (pretty please with ribbons on)
judith

If you press F5 (Refresh) it should come back, but it is a bit annoying.
Rob R

Jamanda wrote:
That might be a good compromise if it weren't too difficult to implement. The only place it might be a pain is Mafia when you do need to scrutinize past pages, but I don't think that's a good enough reason not to do it if it would be better for the main part of the forum.


Has this been done? I've been getting confused recently and this would explain it, if not perhaps I'm just confused in general Laughing
Midland Spinner

judith wrote:
If you press F5 (Refresh) it should come back, but it is a bit annoying.


Thanks for the suggestion, but that took ages (slow connection here today), but I did a bit of lateral thinking while I waited for it to load and thought:- how about if I right click on the link to the thread I want & select 'open in new tab' and Ta Dahh!!

*off to continue my search*
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home