Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
mandycharlie

Its snowing !

and my hens haven't seen much in the way of snow before. Their stood in their run staring at the snow, you can almost imagine them, "whats that then"... "Dunno"... "but what is it".... "Dunno"...

Honestly the way they are stood staring at it, its quite comical.

And no I'm not taking a piccie, cause I ain't got dressed yet and its too blinkin' cold... Smile
Chickpea

It's snowing here in North Bucks Mandy, mine have seen snow and they try to catch it as it falls!! Laughing
marigold

It's snowing here too - just teeny weeny flakes, which aren't settling, but definitely snow rather than sleet Very Happy . I'm amazed! Makes a change from it peeing with rain though....
Penny Outskirts

Snowing here too! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Bernie66

Its raining here Crying or Very sad And the BBC told me it was going to so I am somewhat surprised! Probably going to have to take a couple of eleven year old girls to see "Chicken Little" what ever that is.
Northern_Lad

Bernie66 wrote:
Probably going to have to take a couple of eleven year old girls to see "Chicken Little" what ever that is.

Rubbish, by all acounts, if you're over the age of 8. Apparenty disney (yes, I know it's a proper noun and should have a capital, but I don't repect them enough) tried to put some humour in it for the grown-ups but completely failed.
Bernie66

Great, firstly its disney secondly its rubbish. Deeep joy
tahir

twas snowing when I left home too.
Northern_Lad

Bernie66 wrote:
Great, firstly its disney secondly its rubbish. Deeep joy

Can yo not send the missus, or take them to the cinema and then wait in your car listing to radio4 while they're 'enjoying' themselves?
Bernie66

Mrs. is working, and I probably woul;d but the cinema is too close to notoriously bad area. i will just try to get some sleep whilst I am there.
Northern_Lad

Bernie66 wrote:
...and I probably woul'd but the cinema is too close to notoriously bad area. .

Well, yeah - I didn't think you'd drive 50 miles from home to see it. Rolling Eyes
Bernie66

Northern_Lad wrote:
Bernie66 wrote:
...and I probably woul'd but the cinema is too close to notoriously bad area. .

Well, yeah - I didn't think you'd drive 50 miles from home to see it. Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes
Bugs

Come now boys, a little more positivity please. All this eye rolling is most unbecoming Rolling Eyes
Northern_Lad

Bugs wrote:
Come now boys, a little more positivity please. All this eye rolling is most unbecoming Rolling Eyes

Trust you to get involved. Rolling Eyes
Bugs

Northern_Lad wrote:
Trust you to get involved. Rolling Eyes

I'm only doing it for your own good but I wouldn't expect the likes of you to understand Rolling Eyes
Northern_Lad

Bugs wrote:
I'm only doing it for your own good but I wouldn't expect the likes of you to understand Rolling Eyes

Have you not got some work to do? Honestly, some people Rolling Eyes
Res

Rolling Eyes
Lozzie

11.17am - snowing here on the Dorset coast. But not settling.
gil

No snow here (yet?). Must check weather forecast.
cherylmc

We have a foot of the stuff here! My hens are very very unhappy! The first time they saw it they refused to walk on it and kept trying to fly over it. Very funny! poor things! I'm having to feed them at the house since they won't go to the shed where I have been feeding them indoors. It has been 3 days now and I think the stress is effecting their egg laying as I foung 2 soft shelled eggs today.
Bernie66

cherylmc wrote:
We have a foot of the stuff here! My hens are very very unhappy! The first time they saw it they refused to walk on it and kept trying to fly over it. Very funny! poor things! I'm having to feed them at the house since they won't go to the shed where I have been feeding them indoors. It has been 3 days now and I think the stress is effecting their egg laying as I foung 2 soft shelled eggs today.

Where's here, my daughter would love to see that?
cherylmc

Bernie66 wrote:
cherylmc wrote:

Where's here, my daughter would love to see that?

OH! Sorry,should have said.I'm on the Isle of Skye. I'd post picturers but I'm having a struggle with the techknology (see! can't even spell it! Very Happy )
mochyn

It's snowing again here, too. Not as much as over the last few days, but our track is horrible: layers of half melted/re-frozen snow mean that even my 4x4 finds it hard to cope. That is now I've had the brakes fixed. They failed on Thursday as I was coming down a steep bank. Shocked
Bernie66

[quote="cherylmc
OH! Sorry,should have said.I'm on the Isle of Skye. I'd post picturers but I'm having a struggle with the techknology (see! can't even spell it! Very Happy )[/quote]

I know that feeling too. I would come along and have a look but its not exactly a day trip for me! Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home