Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Snowball

Jema and Snowballs birthday bash and fibrey weekend.

We are killing several birds with one stone.
It will be at Ginkotrees farm the last weekend in September.
mochyn

Wheee! Laughing Laughing Laughing

For those who can't make it but still want a fibre frenzy I could host one here the weekend before that.
vegplot

My birthday as well.
Snowball

Jema's is in August, mine in December.
Sort of half way hose made sense
Jamanda

Half way hose?
sean

Jester outfits?
Bebo

Half way hose?

Used to be called pop socks when I was young.
Mary-Jane

My birthday as well.

And just before mine.
vegplot

My birthday as well.

And just before mine.

2 days I believe.
Snowball

P M me if you are coming Snowball

The wonderful Attila the Stockbroker has just confirmed that he will do a gig on the Saturday. Very Happy Sherbs

can I ask if this is definitely going ahead and also if it is going to be more private birthday even or more of an open fibre skill share. jema

Very open, and what people want it to be Smile catbaffler

WOOHOO!
wav
bibbster

This time I will NOT get lost!! Embarassed cir3ngirl

Me, other half and boys are booked in Barefoot Andrew

We'll be there Very Happy
A.
cir3ngirl

We'll be there Very Happy
A.

wav
Chez

We are a definite maybe. We don't need accommodation, because if we come it will be in the van. I am going to keep that weekend clear of work commitments and see how the children (and us) are coping with New Term Exhaustion. Snowball

Can people let me know their accommodation requirements please. Chickem

If we can make it we'll just need a pitch for our tent! Jamanda

If we can make it we'll just need a pitch for our tent!

Same here.
Barefoot Andrew

We're all going to sleep in a big pile, like in Where the wild things are.
A.
bibbster

A.
All as in the BA entourage, or as in all those who are attending? Shocked
Barefoot Andrew

Oh everyone, of course Wink

OK, maybe not.
A.
Chez

A.
All as in the BA entourage, or as in all those who are attending? Shocked

Yeah. Because if it's going to be *that* sort of party, I'll arrange a babysitter and leave the children behind Laughing
Barefoot Andrew

Shocked
A.
Chez

Shocked
A.

Oh for goodness sake, Andrew. Man up! Rolling Eyes
Snowball

as well as being fun, it would make life a lot easier. Barefoot Andrew

Shocked
A.

Oh for goodness sake, Andrew. Man up! Rolling Eyes

Whom?
A.
Chez

Laughing Laughing Laughing gardening-girl

Have pm`d you Snowball. Snowball

Excellent, are you coming to keep Chez and BA under control? Nell Merionwen

It's ok BA just got a *looK* Cool Snowball

That's a bit harsh Very Happy Sherbs

I would appreciate a bed space in the barn for myself and the Sherbling if possible. Snowball

No problem. Sherbs

I told the Sherbling about this, she is very keen to come. She asked "is there a bath?" I said no. She said "yeeeeeeeaaaaah!!!!" Nell Merionwen

Laughing Sherbs

This would be the 28th and 29th September, am I right? Snowball

You can dunk her in the stream Chez

Pants on, obviously, as per Leo's precedent. Smile Snowball

Definitely pants on.
Definitely September 28th to 29th.
need to think about food and drink now.
Cathryn

I really hope that we can come to this. Life is a bit up in the air at the moment. Snowball

It would be fantastic if you can make it, it's been ages. Cathryn

I'm working full time (and the rest) but not for much longer. I've just had my short term contract extended for a month but I should have made some decisions by the end of it. You'd think that as we are one of the nearest it should be easy. Rolling Eyes It would be good to catch up. You've had some major changes in your life since we last met. Sherbs

Definitely pants on if I have anything to say about it!

She's mainly interested in the fact that there are friendly dogs right now.

I can bring cheese again if you like.
Snowball

Yes please to cheese. Very Happy catbaffler

Count me in - don't mind where I sleep (within reason!). Snowball

Excellent, I am sure we can make you comfortable. Liz in Ireland

And me please, is there space in the barn, the tent etc is heavy to carry and I feel old Smile Snowball

Wonderful Liz, you are booked. Very Happy gardening-girl

Yay! nice to see you again Liz! Laughing Laughing madcat

I was getting all exited till I looked at the date, its Black Country Museum historic boat do which I want to get to in case it is every other year and I didn't get the boat to the last one. NorthernMonkeyGirl

Where is this happening again? Smile Jamanda

Where is this happening again? Smile

Ginkotree's place on the edge of Carmarthen.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Thanks Smile

A bit far from either of my potential homes :'(
Nell Merionwen

Thanks Smile

A bit far from either of my potential homes :'( you could come with us. Sherbs

Are there any ideas about the fibrey part of this yet? I haven't been to one before so I don't really know how it usually works. Do we just bring whatever we happen to be working on or are there planned activities or something? sally_in_wales

usually you bring current projects but there are various people willing to show new techniques or do some troubleshooting. Sadly I can't make this one, but there are a couple of my spare spinning wheels at the farm that people are very welcome to use mochyn

I'll be there to help with what I can. NorthernMonkeyGirl

Thanks Smile

A bit far from either of my potential homes :'( you could come with us.

Just caught this, that is so lovely of you Very Happy

I am definitely moving back to Yorkshire in the next 6 weeks or so; I'd love to come if possible but don't want to make false promises. When would you need to know by? x
Barefoot Andrew

A few days before will be fine Very Happy
A.
Liz in Ireland

I've got to cancel Crying or Very sad Other half's business is failing, but he has been keeping it to himself. Need a serious economy drive to limit the damage Sad Snowball

So sorry to hear this Liz. Very best of luck. xx Barefoot Andrew

Sad
A.
Nell Merionwen

I've got to cancel Crying or Very sad Other half's business is failing, but he has been keeping it to himself. Need a serious economy drive to limit the damage Sad

Oh, I am sorry. Crying or Very sad
mochyn

I've got to cancel Crying or Very sad Other half's business is failing, but he has been keeping it to himself. Need a serious economy drive to limit the damage Sad

That's really sad. We'll raise a glass to you both.
Liz in Ireland

Thank you, hope there's something next year I can come to Smile Ginkotree

Well this all looks very exciting but very sorry to hear your news Liz..would have been wonderful for you to come here again...as it is with all Our Downsizer farm family.
I have got a tin bath if anyone needs it..hehe...the dogs will be so happy to have the friends again.
There is room for all sorts of crafts to take place(spoon making Cool ...and as sally said, spare wheels..I have wool to share for felting ,peglooming...how is that rug coming along snowball???? Wink
Glad that Mochyn will be here for expert advise on wooley subjects...hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing sally.
Cathryn..try and find an excuse to shop in Carmathen..and pop in for Hugs,cake and tea if possible.x Laughing
Sleeping heaps...H+S says you can only be four people high...and I dont think there will be much sleeping with all the snooring...I mean partying..we are not that old yet! Laughing
Ginkotree

How many birthday cakes do we need...|I have to make sure I have enough Candles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mochyn

Sod tha candles, just make sure there's enough cake! Smile Nell Merionwen

If this party turns into a mini skill share (Not that I'm saying it should, I'm happy to simply party) I could do a mind potion making share. lettucewoman

Yay!! We are coming...Snowball says there's room in the barn for us as
Archie the camper wont be on the road by then... (probably)..and we are hopefully going to do some singing...Smile

Looking forward to it so much...it's 6 years since we came to the farm last!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
jema

Smile now all we need is Snowball out of hospital again. bibbster

If this party turns into a mini skill share (Not that I'm saying it should, I'm happy to simply party) I could do a mind potion making share.

I could do with a mind potion ATM
Sherbs

If we are doing any skill sharing, would someone be able to teach me how to crochet? Barefoot Andrew

Smile now all we need is Snowball out of hospital again.

I'm now harbouring a mental image of DSers knitting, whittling, spit-roasting an enormous hog, and quaffing alarmingly effervescent home brew... all at Snowball's bedside.

A.
Nell Merionwen

If this party turns into a mini skill share (Not that I'm saying it should, I'm happy to simply party) I could do a mind potion making share.

I could do with a mind potion ATM gingko tea Wink Nell Merionwen

If we are doing any skill sharing, would someone be able to teach me how to crochet? I can Smile lettucewoman

If we are doing any skill sharing, would someone be able to teach me how to crochet? I can Smile

Oooh an me....cant get the hang of it!!!
Sherbs

If we are doing any skill sharing, would someone be able to teach me how to crochet? I can Smile

Oooh an me....cant get the hang of it!!!

excellent! I have a bunch of crochet hooks and a drawer full of wool but am currently unable to make anything with them
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Thanks Smile

I am definitely moving back to Yorkshire in the next 6 weeks or so; I'd love to come if possible but don't want to make false promises. When would you need to know by? x

I think I'll still be haunting the M1/A1 that weekend; or at least in no fit state to be seen in public Sad I'll have to unpack properly rather than "upend boxes and see where things naturally gravitate to after a couple of weeks".

I do need remedial knitting help at some point, somewhere, though... Very Happy
Nell Merionwen

Thanks Smile

I think I'll still be haunting the M1/A1 that weekend; or at least in no fit state to be seen in public Sad I'll have to unpack properly rather than "upend boxes and see where things naturally gravitate to after a couple of weeks".

I do need remedial knitting help at some point, somewhere, though... Very Happy perhaps we'll have to have a fibre day here with Midland Spinner? I can't teach you anything about knitting but I can teach you to spin and crotchet. Ginkotree

Been out of touch...Hope Snowball is on the mend.x.x Snowball

I am home, and beginning to recover. My plan is to use copious amounts of alcohol as analgesics if I am not recovered. Very Happy Barefoot Andrew

Good plan Very Happy
A.
Nell Merionwen

Unfortunately my good news has come tempered with a little bad.
My induction weekend is this weekend so we can't come. Sad
Snowball

Well, you will just have to get them to change the date, or postpone your studies then.
Priorities, woman, priorities Very Happy
cir3ngirl

Well, you will just have to get them to change the date, or postpone your studies then.

Seconded, we might have to come and visit you instead
Nell Merionwen

Seconded, we might have to come and visit you instead Cool Smile Ginkotree

Sad Snowball

Beginning to give some thought to food.
I was thinking a simple buffet. Pricey is bringing pork pies and Davina is making home made chicken nuggets. Lots of eggs and bacon for brekkie, obviously.
I am thinking quiche, salad, samosas that sort of thing. What do people think?
Can I put in a request for cake please, I am not that great a baker.
Ginkotree

Everyone bringing a plate of something yummy to Sally and Gareths wedding worked really well.
Soup and bread for Friday nighters...??
Snowball

Oh yes, soup and bread is a good idea. Very Happy Ginkotree

hopefully Sally and Gareth will not need the Soup Cauldron for thier weekend and we can borrow it.. Very Happy
I shall make the soup.x
gardening-girl

Please NOT tomato soup!
Shall I do some puddings?

Also Penny,are there matresses in the camping barn?
Snowball

Thank you Ginkotree.
G.G>, puddings/s would be lovely. A friend is bringing her rather yummy date tart.
cir3ngirl

Wesley has allergy so if anything that has been near any peanuts could have a label please i would be most grateful Snowball

Sorry that I forgot to mention that cir3ngirl.
Any other allergies / special requirements?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Home Home Home Home Home