Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
jema

Just an idle thought

Just doing this on the free forum system. Any use here?

This is my own very simplified version of sub forums, designed not to add server load.
tahir

Not for me
dpack

i like eclectic mixes rather than sub divisions but sub divisions will suit some circumstances .
Blue Sky

Don't like the colour scheme but the idea seems pretty good. Which areas need sub-forums? I know it was mentioned in the "abroad" section but seem to recall mention of it elsewhere too.

Edit: Should've mentioned that I think the "abroad" section is working fine without sub-sections at present. People seem happy with it. /edit
Northern_Lad

I think sub-fora are not required, rather multi-fora linking, but I know that's not possible with php.
sean

People seem to have enough difficulty posting in the right places anyway, I'm not sure that giving them extra 'wrong' places would help.
tahir

Northern_Lad wrote:
I think sub-fora are not required, rather multi-fora linking

Wot?
Northern_Lad

tahir wrote:
Northern_Lad wrote:
I think sub-fora are not required, rather multi-fora linking

Wot?

Some topics fit well into several fora (Sean; have I declined correctly?), so rather than just being able to see a thread in one forum, you could see the same thread in many.
Blue Sky

Northern_Lad wrote:
Some topics fit well into several fora (Sean; have I declined correctly?), so rather than just being able to see a thread in one forum, you could see the same thread in many.

sean wrote:
People seem to have enough difficulty posting in the right places anyway, I'm not sure that giving them extra 'wrong' places would help.

Hmmmm
Jb

Not sure if we really need sub fora. In fact we probably would be better off being able to put topics in more than one forum simultaneously but navigation might then become a nightmare.

Or perhaps we should just rearrange everything into two forums; "stuff" and "more stuff"- that should cover most subjects. Very Happy
mark

i reckon things like the cooking and home brewing could benift from this approach - as would the other forums that have "and " int their name!!
i think it is not so much looking at new posts that benefits from this approach - but it really helps when you want to look for old posts without sorting through too much ..
pricey

Re: Just an idle thought

jema wrote:
Just doing this on the free forum system. Any use here?

This is my own very simplified version of sub forums, designed not to add server load.

Anything to do with Southampton FC is useful wherever you are Wink
tahir

pricey wrote:

Rolling Eyes Laughing
Penny Outskirts

pricey wrote:

Yes, but what on earth do they talk about in "The Fish Tank" with their (look away at this point Pricey) Pompey friends Shocked
cab

On the whole, I'm opposed to adding specific Southampton FC related sub-fora to Downsizer.

Nor do I think we need sub-fora for anything else at the moment.
Penny Outskirts

cab wrote:
On the whole, I'm opposed to adding specific Southampton FC related sub-fora to Downsizer.

Pricey might like it, but then the Liverpool contingent would want one too - where would it all end...........
Bernie66

Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home