Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
cab

Just flicking through a bushcraft magazine...

...over lunch, and the back page article is about making a catapult. A fun thing to do, of course, but it suggests that a catapult can be used for taking small game if you're sure of making a clean kill.

Is this correct? I mean, yes, I'm sure if you construct a decent catapult you could quite easily hit and kill a bunny or a squirrel (made them myself as a kid, and I'm sure they're accurate enough). Can't be legal though, can it?
twoscoops

You get a lunch break from working on Downsizer?
cab

twoscoops wrote:
You get a lunch break from working on Downsizer?

Laughing

Had a frustrating morning at work today, waiting for other people to do their stuff because I'm being held up. Hence spent rather too long on here and went for an early lunch before returning to discover that all hell has broken loose and I want to keep my head down.
fishfish

Re: Just flicking through a bushcraft magazine...

cab wrote:
...over lunch, and the back page article is about making a catapult. A fun thing to do, of course, but it suggests that a catapult can be used for taking small game if you're sure of making a clean kill.

Is this correct? I mean, yes, I'm sure if you construct a decent catapult you could quite easily hit and kill a bunny or a squirrel (made them myself as a kid, and I'm sure they're accurate enough). Can't be legal though, can it?

both legal and possible,its my preffered hunting tool now,my 'Hunter' catapult has been chronographed and is managing 210fps and 18ftlbs (legal limit for an airgun is 12ftlb)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home