Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Liz in Ireland

Keeps chucking me off

This might be my end rather than yours? Each time I post, when I press submit, it chucks me off and makes me log in again Rolling Eyes
Barefoot Andrew

Do you know if your internet connection is stable or is going down (and being remade automatically) ?
A.
jema

try checking you are allowing cookies, you may be seeing "mars" in the address which is a temporary address and you may be blocking cookies from it that you would not block from the real address.
Liz in Ireland

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh..............cookies and mars............I'm on a diet Laughing As for stable.........I'm probably not but I think the internet is, and yes Jema, thanks, I can see mars in the title, it's not helping my chocolate obsession, glad it's only temporary!

Edited to say....it's mended, I haven't gone!
Liz in Ireland

Spoke too soon......just logged in!
Gervase

Ah, but try quitting and logging in again.
I'm having to delete all Downsizer cookies every session before I can log on again.
Not ideal.
Could someone please fix?
(This with Safari 4.0.4 running under OSX 10.5.Cool
jema

Are you seeing "mars"? are you being strict about what sites you allow cookies from?
Mary-Jane

Gervase wrote:

Is that techie-speak for "I've got the biggest computer penis extension in the world"?
Gervase

Seeing "mars"?
I just get the Downsizer username and password page, and when I try to log in it bounces straight back to the username and password page without even telling me I've entered anything incorrectly.
Gervase

Mary-Jane wrote:
Gervase wrote:

Is that techie-speak for "I've got the biggest computer penis extension in the world"?

Quite the opposite - it means it's just a Mac, and most techies don't talk "Mac", so it's a bit of a pariah!
Gervase

Ah, having cleared cookies for the fourth time, it seems to have stabilised. Just logged out, quit browser and then logged back in successfully. Fingers crossed...
Jamanda

Gervase wrote:
Seeing "mars"?
I just get the Downsizer username and password page, and when I try to log in it bounces straight back to the username and password page without even telling me I've entered anything incorrectly.

It was doing the same for me (in Vista if that makes any difference) I cleared my cookies (Tools, clear recent history, clear everything) and it let me in. Might need relaying to any other bods who contact people in other because they are locked out.

Any glitchs should be temporary until the great server transfer is finished.
jema

If you go to the address:

forum.downsizer.net

you may be bounced to:

mars.downsizer.net

which is a holding address until forum.downsizer.net is resolving properly for your system, this is just a matter of time.

But your cookie settings may not like mars.downsizer.net.
Blue Sky

Ah, just seen this. Must be the reason for our problems here too. Forward and onward.
Bodrighy

I couldn't log on with Fire fox so had a go wit IE and straight in no problem. Never thought I'd go back to using it again

Pete
Paul Sill

I had a FF problem, only worked with IE, just cleared all my cookies and history, logged in no problem from then on.
RichardW

I have been having problems all day. Some time I can log in & some times I cant. Using Chrome. Tried IE & could log in but it was like using it on a phone (all text).

VSS is also having problems & has not been able to log in today.
jema

It can take 48 hours for all address changes to propagate, longer if people don't reboot etc.
They may also need to clear cookies, but it does all sort itself.
Slim

I couldn't even login in to begin with until I cleared my cookies, etc...
Calli

Yes same here - maybe a clear cookies instruction on the front page would save alot of emails?
Tavascarow

I had the same problem this morning with Firefox.
Just cleared history & all's fine now.
ros

In FF I've cleared history and cache etc, rebooted and still can't get in. Using IE is OK, but the font size is tiny and I can't change it
jema

Make your you are accepting cookies, what address do you see in the address bar?
ros

cookies accepted. adress bar says
http://forum.downsizer.net ( in both IE and FF)

in IE, I can get in but the remember me tick isn't working
judith

Mochyn is still locked out.
Can someone give me clear MAC-type instructions that I can relay to her?
vegplot

judith wrote:
Mochyn is still locked out.
Can someone give me clear MAC-type instructions that I can relay to her?

Mac - > bin.

Wink
judith

Now you know what she would say to that, don't you? Very Happy
Jamanda

Sean uses a Mac. I'm sure he'll explain when he gets in.
judith

Ta.
sean

What browser is she using?
judith

No idea. Will ask.
ros

still stuck using IE ( 8 ) here. since I don't use it much I don't know how to change the font size - everything is so tiny I've had to put OHs reading glasses on.

FF won't allow logon, but does give me a view that I can actually read
jema

Loads of people are using firefox successfully, so all I can suggest is clearing cookies and rebooting again.
Brownbear

Firefox fine for me on both Vista and XP.
ros

one more go then Very Happy
sean

Good luck. Smile
vegplot

jema wrote:
Loads of people are using firefox successfully, so all I can suggest is clearing cookies and rebooting again.

Clearing cookies appears to address the issues in Windows based machines. People may also need to run the command:

ipconfig /flushdns

from the command prompt but this shouldn't be necessary.
vegplot

ros wrote:
still stuck using IE ( 8 ) here. since I don't use it much I don't know how to change the font size - everything is so tiny I've had to put OHs reading glasses on.

FF won't allow logon, but does give me a view that I can actually read

From the menu bar, click View -> Text size the select Medium to get you back to normal. If you can see the menu bar right click in a blank space where the tabs are and select 'Menu bar'
ros

Thanks all - clearing all cookies etc etc etc and rebooting twice has fixed it.

Now if anyone knows my IDs for my banks and share thingy - or where I may have written them down ...................
mochyn

Thankyou to whoever made it work for me.
Snowball

Hooray, Mochyn's back.
Jamanda

hello2
jema

ros wrote:
Thanks all - clearing all cookies etc etc etc and rebooting twice has fixed it.

Now if anyone knows my IDs for my banks and share thingy - or where I may have written them down ...................

Whoops, on most browsers there are ways and means of clearing cookies per site.

For the record, I did take the opportunity of the move to make the cookies more tolerant, which does not alter the fact that whatever I did, the mid move stage was going to have cookie trouble for some people. The good news is that if we move again, then things will be less locked down.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home