Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
chez

Kitchen inspection

I had my first ever kitchen inspection from the Environmental Health department of the council this afternoon. It was really, really useful and although I only got one star (because I didn't have a written management system in place) I feel much more confident about not killing anyone who might buy my pickled eggs.

I've got a to-do list which involves basic things like a fridge thermometer and a fly screen and she is coming back in six weeks for another look - largely to give me time to build up a body of evidence of good practise in my 'management system diary'.

The inspector was also very encouraging about the 'prepping birds for the table' course I have started to run - she thought that the measures I am taking with disposal of waste bits of the carcasses are fine; and so long as I clean thoroughly after each session, which of course I do anyway, because rank bits of chicken and chicken blood hanging round your kitchen are yuck, I'm good to go.

I'd encourage anyone thinking of preparing food for sale at home not to be intimidated by this aspect of it, at least. She was definitely coming at it from a 'happy to help' point of view rather than a 'trying to catch you out' point of view.
DawnMK

Its encouraging to know you found it helpful well done Very Happy
earthmamma

Well done for looking on the bright side and not getting de-moralised.
It's always good to know how to improve on something. Very Happy
chez

It's always good to know how to improve on something. Very Happy

Yes, definitely. I'm very in to Kaizen as a general principle - I think that once you rest on your laurels in any business you might as well quit.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home