Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
James

knitting machine (giving away)

we have a fully working knitting machine to give away. To collect (York)
Nick

Can I put my name down for this, please!

Sally_in_wales is after one, and I was supposed to be getting it for her, but it was DOA, so she's SAD.

So, I'll bid on her behalf. If she doesn't want it, fair enough, but I thought I'd get in early.

(Yes, Sally, I'm near York in a couple of weeks...)
James

If Sally whants it, and your up here in a few weeks time then its a deal! I'll root out all the bits...
sally_in_wales

Thanks Nick- but the one you are (hopefully if it recovers from its near terminal illness) rescuing for me is a circular sock knitting machine- I think this is an ordinary one? I've got a flat machine, ist the roundy roundy sock churnerouterer that I'm coveting Very Happy

I love the way Downsizers keep their eyes open for things they know others of us are looking for, its soooo nice love1
Nick

Ah. Well, you two sort it out. I'm merely a driver. Smile

(However, I'm driving past York in a couple of weeks, so if anyone else wants it...)
tahir

What kind of machine James?
James

Sally got it right- it’s a big flat one, quite old (1970’s / 80’s?). It’s 1.5 m long, 30 cm deep and sites on a table top when in use. You can do a few different knit styles on it by adjusting the position of the needles- I’m not very good, so I just do the simple stuff. If you whant to make patterns and pictures, you need punch cards- I’ve got a few of these punch cards….they’re very..umm..retro…..

It comes with instructions- how to make jumpers etc…
Nick

Well, the offer stands, for delivery. I'm on my way to Newcastle, or on my way back to Hereford. I'm also happy to hang on to it and deliver later, if it suits.

Yell at him, or me.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home