Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Jonnyboy

Last nights dinner

bernie-woman

Fabulous pics Jonnyboy - and the sun does actually shine sometimes then in NI Wink Laughing
Blue Sky

Yum Yum. Well done you.

Is that your new boat?
Northern_Lad

Simon wrote:
Yum Yum. Well done you.

Is that your new boat?

That's his son (well, that's what his wife tells him), a rod, and some staged fish.
bernie-woman

Northern_Lad wrote:

That's his son (well, that's what his wife tells him), a rod, and some staged fish.

Gosh you're sharp this morning - ouch Laughing
Jonnyboy

As sharp as an egg.

Yes, it's the new boat. Overall everything went to plan. It launches and recovers really well and there was plenty of room for us to fish.

We caught a dozen in about 40 minutes. We had eight of them last night simply grilled for the kids and devilled for us. Going to whack the last four on the bbq for lunch today.

Water is quite murky at the moment, must be all the run off from the rivers with all the recent rainfall. Had to use shiny feathers.
Treacodactyl

Jonnyboy wrote:
Water is quite murky at the moment, must be all the run off from the rivers with all the recent rainfall.

For a minute I though it was a picture of middle England with all that water...

I'm quite envious. Any chance of catching many mackerel from the shore and how late in the year will they be about?
Barefoot Andrew

Is little Jonnyboy going to grow up a lover of land, sea and fresh air?
A.
Jonnyboy

Treacodactyl wrote:

I'm quite envious. Any chance of catching many mackerel from the shore and how late in the year will they be about?

High tide around piers and racks where there is deep water you should get them. I've caught them into mid october up here, but I've heard rumors that on the south coast of england they are around all year now.
Jonnyboy

Barefoot Andrew wrote:
A.

Both of them hopefully, they share the food we catch, have their own vegetable patches, and we generally try to keep them involved.
madmonk

Jonnyboy wrote:
Barefoot Andrew wrote:
A.

Both of them hopefully, they share the food we catch, have their own vegetable patches, and we generally try to keep them involved.

It's good to hear Johnyboy, at least everything is not all doom and gloom, some parents still have values.
happytechie

Treacodactyl wrote:
Jonnyboy wrote:
Water is quite murky at the moment, must be all the run off from the rivers with all the recent rainfall.

For a minute I though it was a picture of middle England with all that water...

they feed in the tide steam so your best bet is from a headland or point that sticks out into the tide stream. i recon a flooding (rising) tide is the best bet.

A set or 6 feathers or shiny things should do the trick. Get a bit of height and cast as far out into the tide stream as you can. reel them in at a medium speed pumping the rod as you go so the feathers move bck and forwards in the water.

we used to catch them into september off Anglesey so you should still be ok. I plan on catching a bucketload with fee this weekend Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home