Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
fungi2bwith

Late season shrooms

No-one in the woods today, hardly suprising with the heavy rain. Plenty of mushrooms though, winter chanterelles everywhere, also a few chanterelles, hedgehogs and wood blewits.

Garry

wildfoodie

I soooooo wish we had chanterelles in these eastern parts...
bubble

we have loads -you just have to know where to find them,they are not as common as in other areas.It took me 15 years to find 6 areas for chanterelles in Thetford forest!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Very Happy
HKS

*googles thetford forest* Wink

everything seems frozen solid here now, a w.blewitt fair shatered in my hand this afternoon.
bubble

Thetford forest - 75000 acres or 110 square miles ,it can take longer than 15 yrs to find chanterelles if you have'nt got the knowledge of how to look where, what soil, trees, what season ,thats where the skill is !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dpack

a nice log with velvet shanks and oysters has washed up on the edge of the running fields

it has lots of other things i dont recon are food
HKS

Thetford forest - 75000 acres or 110 square miles ,it can take longer than 15 yrs to find chanterelles if you have'nt got the knowledge of how to look where, what soil, trees, what season ,thats where the skill is !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

you are pretty safe then bubble Wink its funny what you can find on the net though. I found a geotagged photo of where someone found hedgehog mushrooms - thats basically the long+latirtude of the exact spot....
dpack

i find em by smell having been taught by my yellow hellhound
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home