Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Chez

Laying hens for sale - updated with more & delivery

I am really struggling to keep on top of things at the moment and I have made the decision to cut down on my flock of laying hens and just keep a small number of breeding birds for a couple of years to keep my bloodlines going.

I therefore have the following for sale:

UPDATED 4 Jan 12:

Ordered and still available:

Dogwalker - 3 leghorns
Gythagirl - 2 marans
Cathryn - 2 marans, 2 anconas, 1 araucana
Digit - 12 leghorns
Crookham Farm - 4 black rocks, 3 leghorns, pekin

Remaining - breeding pair of araucana bantams, 30, possibly some leghorns 8.50 each, but I need to count them, which involves them standing still.

--
-15 Cyril Bason leghorn hybrids that lay 300+ large white eggs a year. They are six months old-ish and have been laying well for about a month. Really, really nice birds. 8.50 each.
-3 x Black Rocks, eleven months old, laying well. 4 each.
-1 fawn-coloured pekin hen (POL) - 12
-2 cuckoo marans bantam hens (18 months old, good layers, dark eggs) 15 the pair
-Pair of bantam araucanas - Blue cock (18 months, proven fertile), black hen, POL - 30 the trio.

Distribution points include - Gordano Services, Cosmeston Lakes (Monday 9th), Neath (Mon 9th), Llanidloes, St Clears, Cardigan. Laughing
chicken feed

if only you were closer Rolling Eyes
woodsprite

I wonder how long it would take me to drive down to you Chez? I miss my hens and I'm thinking three of the leghorn hybrids might be lovely. As they're already in lay I could persuade Martin too.
Chez

About three hours I should think, Woodsprite.

If more people wanted some points north, I would be prepared to come up and do a hand-over at Bristol.
Nell Merionwen

yet again, I wish I had some land!
Chez

Bimpity bump. Pekins gone, rest still here.

I am going to Carmarthen via Bristol and Cardiff on the morning of 9th of January if that is any good to anyone. I can't detour, but I can stop and hand over!
TTouch Homestead

ooh, will ask neighbours...they were looking for a couple of layers...
and maybe, just may be able to sneak a few in with our rescues/cockerels...If I disguise them as ducks husbando will never notice...or I could claim they just turned up!! Will let you know.
Chez

I am meeting Dogwalker in Cardiff on Monday (almost certainly) with some birds for her. If anyone else would like some up her way (mid-Wales), Dogwalker has offered to take them on for collection.

Silver partridge pekins have gone.

I also have

1 fawn-coloured pekin hen (POL) - 12
4 cuckoo marans bantam hens (18 months old, good layers, dark eggs) 30 the lot
2 ancona bantam hens from Joe Stenhouse's utility strain (POL) - 15 each
Trio of bantam araucanas - Blue cock (18 months, proven fertile), two black hens, POL - 50 the trio.
Cathryn

Can you remind me whereabouts dogwalker lives please as I would like some of the bantams.
Dogwalker

I'm near Llanidloes.
Just heard back from Sarah and she can make other dogwalking arrangements that day (o the promise of eggs again soon) so definately next Monday.

I'm collecting 4 geese and 5 ducks from Cosmoston village,
3 Leghorn hybrids for me please.
and whatever else will fit in.

Does anyone else need anything going from Llanidloes-ish to Cardiff.
Cathryn

I know that my diary is littered with meetings none of which are in that direction. Rolling Eyes I will have to let you know once I return to work.
Chez

Cathryn, I think I might be able to help, I will PM you.

ETA: Dogwalker, is there any chance you might be able to bring me a castle in a box, from Judith's?
Dogwalker

ETA: Dogwalker, is there any chance you might be able to bring me a castle in a box, from Judith's?

No problem. I'll sort it with Judith. Smile
Chez

Thank you! Don't stress about it if you are not going that way, though - he is making do quite nicely with various cardboard boxes at the moment Smile.
Chez

Updated top post again.

UPDATED 3 Jan 12:

-15 Cyril Bason leghorn hybrids that lay 300+ large white eggs a year. They are six months old-ish and have been laying well for about a month. Really, really nice birds. 8.50 each.
-3 x Black Rocks, eleven months old, laying well. 4 each.
-1 fawn-coloured pekin hen (POL) - 12
-2 cuckoo marans bantam hens (18 months old, good layers, dark eggs) 15 the pair
-Pair of bantam araucanas - Blue cock (18 months, proven fertile), black hen, POL - 30 the trio.

Distribution points include - Cosmeston Lakes (Monday 9th), Neath (Mon 9th), Llanidloes, St Clears, Cardigan. Laughing
Dogwalker

I can keep a few birds here in temporary cages in the barn until people can collect if that helps anyone.
Chez

Thank you, Debbie, I really appreciate it.
TTouch Homestead

ooh coming to Cardigan...oh goody, but if my husband reads this, darnit. **runs away to scheme and plot**
Chez

I am not taking responsibility for anyone's marital problems, okay? Laughing
HenX

Any idea what time you are going to be coming past Bristol on Monday Chez? I've got to go into Bristol but could meet you on the M5 ~(standard Gordano liaison) depending on timings.

I rather fancy the BRs, some Leghorns and maybe the pekin hen. Embarassed
Chez

Midday-ish?

(May need to refurbish the trailer over the weekend Laughing)
HenX

Midday ish might be ok. I've got a hospital appointment at 9.20 in the middle of bristol, but haven't the foggiest how long it's going to take!!

Are we doing S&B at mine at the end of the month, or is at somewhere else? I'm not sure I can think of a plan B just in case I get held up at the moment.
Chez

I guess if the worst comes to the worst, we could pop back and meet you the other side of the bridge after we meet Dogwalker at 1.

They are more or less all gone now ... just about update the top post.

Dogwalker - 3 leghorns
Cathryn - 2 marans, 2 anconas, 1 araucana
Digit - 12 leghorns
Crookham Farm - 4 black rocks, 3 leghorns, pekin

Remaining - 2 cuckoo marans, pair of araucanas, possibly some leghorns, but I need to count them, which involves them standing still.
TTouch Homestead

OMG- ok- 2 cuckoo marans then please!
Chez

The marans are bantams, TTH, is that okay?

I need to go and catch cockerels tomorrow morning and I will do an accurate leghorn-count at that point, so should hopefully be able to give proper numbers.
TTouch Homestead

Yep that is fine, they can join our feathery footed heinz 57's bantams that were not happy in with the big girls and boys. They have since attached themselves to the guinea fowl, or vice versa and just hang out together with the bachelor ducks and the abacot trio...oh and the 11 geese when they come in for the night.
Chez

Damn, TTouch, I have got muddled - I have managed to sell the marans twice Sad.

I will count leghorns tomorrow, if you fancy them?
TTouch Homestead

Yep, they sound good. Will they be ok in with my rescue hens and the big boy cockerels or do they prefer to be less pestered?
roobarb

What have you got left now? I'm near St Clears so could take a few off your hands if you're passing.
Chez

I'm not sure what I've got left - am planning on counting them all on Saturday or Sunday and I will put something up online Sunday evening at the latest saying how many I have left.

Sorry to be a bit incompetent; I have a lot going on at the moment.
TTouch Homestead

Chez, I don't mind what I have, just two of whatever is left as long as they lay eggs Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Array Array Home Array Array