Leek and Wild Garlic RisottoLeek and Wild Garlic Risotto
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a main course or 6-8 as a starter)
4 large leeks
500g risotto rice
Up to 2 litre of hot chicken or vegetable stock
Large handful wild garlic leaves, roughly chopped if large
100g cheese of your choice - grated cheddar and Parmesan are both good or a mix of whatever cheeses you have.
1. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan
2. Meanwhile cut the cleaned leeks into 3cm pieces. You can include some of the green part as well as all the white and the remaining green parts can be used to make veg stock.
3. Sauté the leeks in the butter until soft
4. Pour in the rice and stir to ensure each grain is covered in butter.
5. Add approx 100ml of stock and stir until absorbed.
5. Repeat this process until the rice is cooked
7. Once cooked stir in the wild garlic leaves and then the cheese
8. Serve with a green salad
Tips on foraging for wild garlic here no smilies
Yes I noticed they were starting to appear the other day. Very nice.no smilies
It took me a while to get enough without stripping the ones that were showing through but it was worth the hunt!no smilies