Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
jema

Lets be nice about NTL for a change!

My net connectionwhich has been cranky died lunchtime Sad

I phoned up and after the very long recorded messages, i got though to someone I could understand, and they said an engineer would be out this afternoon. They have been gone and i'm working Shocked
Jonnyboy

Wow, I knew they had satisfied customers somewhere, I never knew that I would get to meet one
jema

Jonnyboy wrote:
Wow, I knew they had satisfied customers somewhere, I never knew that I would get to meet one

I feek like a national lottery winner!

My only aggravation was they have a ploicy on just how much can be connected to the cable modem, I had barely finished removing routers, notebook, couple of Linux pcs, and tucking half a dozen network cables out of sight when they knocked Very Happy
sean

jema wrote:
I had barely finished removing routers, notebook, couple of Linux pcs, and tucking half a dozen network cables out of sight when they knocked Very Happy

Is that ethical? Very Happy
footprints

Cranky connection?

Puzzle solved ?
Unable to access downsizer for long periods.
Thought that perhaps I didn't have the string pulled tight enough?
Tensions okay now Smile
jema

Re: Cranky connection?

footprints wrote:
Puzzle solved ?
Unable to access downsizer for long periods.
Thought that perhaps I didn't have the string pulled tight enough?
Tensions okay now Smile

I am afraid that's the US server we are on. But that is about to change.
Bernie66

Re: Lets be nice about NTL for a change!

jema wrote:

I phoned up and after the very long recorded messages, i got though to someone I could understand, and they said an engineer would be out this afternoon. They have been gone and i'm working Shocked

If i didn't know you quite well i would have you down as a liar after reading this thread. NTL will be disturbed that they have altered their image. Its taken alot of inaction to build up the reputation that they have and sooo deserve.
Don't spoil it for them Laughing
Celtic Mike

NTL

Lets be nice to NTL for a change ? Lets not!! This unhappy forum member is very happy to be just over one week away from being an ex NTL customer

I signed up for their digital TV/broadband package and frequently found their "always on" "broadband" was NOT 24/7 and was very slow. Worse were the monthly "stealth charges" which saw my TV package rocket from £12 to £24 then up a £ every month tll it reached £30 at which point I saw the red mist. After 30 minutes hanging on a phone I was a finally put through to "Customer Disservices" and told them to cancel my TV pack and broadband but keep the telephone.

Guess what - my next bill saw NTL try to extract £47.99 for a broadband and TV package that I had cancelled and which NTL had cut off (TV progs for sure) At which point I cancelled my direct debit and decided to head back to BT for my phone.

I have one piece of good advice to anyone thinking about signing up with NTL - DONT !!!!!!
twoscoops

So you wouldn't recommend them, then?
jema

Re: NTL

Celtic Mike wrote:
Lets be nice to NTL for a change ? Lets not!! This unhappy forum member is very happy to be just over one week away from being an ex NTL customer

I signed up for their digital TV/broadband package and frequently found their "always on" "broadband" was NOT 24/7 and was very slow. Worse were the monthly "stealth charges" which saw my TV package rocket from £12 to £24 then up a £ every month tll it reached £30 at which point I saw the red mist. After 30 minutes hanging on a phone I was a finally put through to "Customer Disservices" and told them to cancel my TV pack and broadband but keep the telephone.

Guess what - my next bill saw NTL try to extract £47.99 for a broadband and TV package that I had cancelled and which NTL had cut off (TV progs for sure) At which point I cancelled my direct debit and decided to head back to BT for my phone.

I have one piece of good advice to anyone thinking about signing up with NTL - DONT !!!!!!

My parents have been going crazy trying to sort out an accounts problem with them Confused one which would actually be sorted simply by writing them a cheque, but they did not want to do what on a point of principle Rolling Eyes
Bernie66

Re: NTL

jema wrote:
Celtic Mike wrote:

My parents have been going crazy trying to sort out an accounts problem with them Confused one which would actually be sorted simply by writing them a cheque, but they did not want to do what on a point of principle Rolling Eyes

That's more like the NTL I know and Despise. We'll have less of this "good old NTL" nonsense if its all the same with you lot Laughing
jema

Well I only started the thread whilst in shell shock Very Happy
Bernie66

jema wrote:
Well I only started the thread whilst in shell shock Very Happy

You're forgiven!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home