Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
vegplot

Live attack intelligence

http://map.ipviking.com/

Wait long enough and you'll see some pretty impressive burst attacks.
Nick

I have no idea at all what that is, but it's fun to watch. Smile
vegplot

Quote:
Every second, Norse collects and analyzes live threat intelligence from darknets in hundreds of locations in over 40 countries. The attacks shown are based on a small subset of live flows against the Norse honeypot infrastructure, representing actual worldwide cyber attacks by bad actors. At a glance, one can see which countries are aggressors or targets at the moment, using which type of attacks (services-ports).

Not that that actually clarifies anything.
sean

Nice that they've used Norse *and* Viking though. Presumably they've all got Harald Bluetooth handsfree sets for their phones. Smile
dpack

iirc a burst of attacks at a single target indicates a large bot net possibly using the infrastructure of gov or large organisation,or a possibly a state/large org are responsible for the attack ,however a spotty kid(or other black hat stereotype) in his bedroom could, in theory, mount such an attack by using a lot of other folk's coms and pooters.

the origen of the attack geographically might be the location of the attacker but it is often that the attacker borrows pooters and then uses them to attack the target .
SteveP

What I found interesting is the target sites of the Chinese origin attacks. With few exceptions they are all aimed at the USA.

The USA origin attacks are mostly aimed at the USA.

It doesn't show much on port 22 and my server has been defending against a botnet attempt on that port all day. Not much on any port showing as aimed at the UK either.
vegplot

What I found interesting is the target sites of the Chinese origin attacks. With few exceptions they are all aimed at the USA.

The USA origin attacks are mostly aimed at the USA.

It doesn't show much on port 22 and my server has been defending against a botnet attempt on that port all day. Not much on any port showing as aimed at the UK either.

I suspect that most of the honeypots used to capture attack vectors are based in the US which will skew the results if that is the case.
mousjoos

I see the map but there's no "activity" showing when I move the cursor over the appropriate spot
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Almost makes you feel bad for the US!
dpack

the tactic of "everyone hates me ,help me" is worth consideration .

realpooter is similar to realpolitic

ps most attacks are economic and most online economic units are usa citizens

pps the usa has played "aunt sally" for a long time in many ways
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home