Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
baldybloke

Loft Insulation

I am contemplating topping up my loft insulation. At present I have approximately 100mm which takes it close to the top of the joists. Apparently the recommended amount is 270mm. Obviously this will take it well over the top of the joists. On top of that the attic is partially boarded with chipboard. Do I lift this up and put additional insulation underneath? Another concern is with the electric cabling for the lights, do I cover these or do I try and put the insulation underneath?
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Jb

I removed most of the rubbish from the loft, and left runs with only 100mm where cables were running but 300mm elsewhere. If lights are replaced with low power lights could you safely cover cable runs?
baldybloke

JB wrote:
I removed most of the rubbish from the loft, and left runs with only 100mm where cables were running but 300mm elsewhere. If lights are replaced with low power lights could you safely cover cable runs?

That was what I was wondering. I have low energy lightbulbs throughout the house.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home