Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
marigold

Log me on automatically...

How is it supposed to work? I ticked the box 'cos I'm fed up with having to log on for every TRN that comes for a members-only thread, but I'm not getting logged on automatically Confused
jema

It's a cookie thing, if you are finding you are having to logon a lot, then the chance are you have cookie settings that are causing a problem.
marigold

What would be a problematical cookie setting? I've got "accept until they expire" set on and no exclusions, which I think is the FF default. I wouldn't know how to do anything fancy with them.
jema

Do you actually logout?
marigold

Yes, I tested it by closing all DS tabs, logging in with box ticked, logging out, then clicking on another TRN link... I frequently get logged out between clicking on "post reply" and trying to submit what I've typed too. It's a recent phenomenon, no idea why it happens Confused
vegplot

Check how many cookies you have in FF. I believe FF sets a limit of 300 but that information maybe old.
marigold

Just deleted all my cookies (and that's going to be a PIA as I work though all the sites I visit which expect a cookie Laughing), but it's still the same Confused Probably just my weird and antiquated set-up. Sigh...
Barefoot Andrew

Is your broadband connection being momentarily lost (and automatically re-made) do you know marigold?
A.
marigold

Possibly - it does fail altogether fairly frequently Evil or Very Mad . Not quite often enough for me to put myself though the ansgt of ringing BT to try to get it sorted out, though... Wink
marigold

Just had a long wait for a page to load and when it did I noticed I'd been logged out - checked the Router info page and the broadband had indeed dropped out and restarted automatically. Thanks BA.
Barefoot Andrew

Loss of connection per-se won't cause a DS logout; I'd hazard a guess you're being assigned a new IP when the connection is re-made...
A.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home