Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Tradbritfowlco

longhorns

how much is a cow likely to set me back? between £... and £... likely figures please -older cows welcome! Very Happy
Bebo

Thank you for welcoming us old cows but sorry I don't know the answer to your question.
Lionheart

£800-1000 for a not-so-good one and £1200+ for a good one...

Cris
Bodger

I use to keep English Longhorns for a number of years and the price of an average run of the mill Longhorn really is mirrored by the current commercial price of cattle today. None show animals are quite reasonably priced.

I started with two young heifers and built up. Young stock are obviously a longer term investment but are obviously cheaper to buy.

Nick

Bodger, that one at the front, did you remove his horns, or are some born without them? Laughing
Bodger

No Nick, they just grow slowly and steadily throughout their life time. The second picture was of a young heifer of about 4 or 5 months. She eventualy grew a nice set Very Happy

Check this site out.

http://www.longhorncattlesociety.com/

I've down sized to Dexters now.
Nick

I meant the cat. Smile
Bodger

Oh You mean poor old Penny cat. She was a fine old thing but is sadly no longer with us. Laughing
Tradbritfowlco

Thanks for the replies! they are striking beasts!
Rob R

Tradbritfowlco wrote:

I hope not, with those horns Wink
RichardW

I think VSS has just bought some long horns but they are off line still so you will have to wait to see.

ADDED

Just checked They have shorthorns Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

My Bad

justme
dpack

Rob R wrote:
Tradbritfowlco wrote:

I hope not, with those horns Wink

at least they are not small and red and running at us Laughing
my nightmares are getting to be easier but i never want lh or white nightmares Laughing
i know im a wimp
Rob R

Laughing I fear Mincey Boy more Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home