Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Dawsie

Longline fishing from a kayak

Happy new year to you all.
Longline fishing from a kayak, anyone tried it?
Cathryn

Hello Dawsie, welcome to Downsizer. I haven't tried it as I have enough trouble keeping a kayak upright. Bet someone on here has though. Smile
Jamanda

Someone I work with does it I think. Was there something you specifically wanted to know?
Dawsie

Do they longline from a kayak or Dinghy? My original post was specific to kayaks, but any advice on small scale longline fishing would be much appreciated.
sean

Ah hah, we've got another member who does this. Link
Now all we have to do is bring you together.
Moniar

sean wrote:
Ah hah, we've got another member who does this. Link
Now all we have to do is bring you together.

Sorry - only long lining I have ever done was a single hook handline fishing for crabs aged less than 10 yrs.

Aged 46, mid life crisis saw the purchase of a sit on top kayak 2 years ago Rolling Eyes

Sure its possible - I have used a Lidle cheap mackeral line off my kayak, but generally I use two rods - trolling for bass, or jigging for mackeral, pollack in summer and for coalies and whiting in winter - yum yum Razz Bit more sporting and fun with rod and reel, and I find that four to six mackeral or coalies flapping about between my legs on the kayak is more than enough fun - cant imagine the mess and tangle I would get into with a long line of 20-50 hooks Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home